skin

Old 02-25-2009, 10:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

skin

i saw my (ex)gf the other day and the skin on her face looked real bad. out of the blue she mentioned that she tried some new exfoliating product that caused the redness/breakout. of course i had suspicions, she's not one to go out an try new skin care products. her sister saw her later that day and thought the breakout was due to using heroin. is that common?
Old 02-25-2009, 10:58 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Totally. Hey maybe she did use an exfoliating product, but it sounds funky. Do you recall what the product was called?

My AH's skin looked like he might of used an exfoliating product, but alas it was heroin. His total hygiene took a nose dive, always sweaty. Really made his skin all kinds of wrong. And that's why I have to tell him "Smell ya laaaater!"

Love,
Maelynn
Old 02-25-2009, 11:16 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

prob heroin. My abf gets real bad skin when using. & crack used to make him come out in big spots/boils all down his legs & back. gross!

Like anvil says-defo a build up of toxins.
Old 02-25-2009, 11:17 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Stronger than yesterday...

Its often common/seen in crystal meth users due to excessive 'picking' of the skin and face, as well. IV users often get abcesses (sp?) on their skin in various places, I'm assuming from injecting who knows what chemicals/toxins into ones body.
Old 02-25-2009, 04:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

My daughter's skin was a mess when she was active in heroin addiction.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:04 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

I never noticed AH's skin being bad, but his hygene went downhill quickly. Someone who would take a shower first thing in the morning, was very anal about hair and clothes. Suddenly I had to tell him he hadn't showered in 2 days. He would never just throw on a hat and go, but in the end that's all he did.
Old 02-25-2009, 05:17 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

If my daughter used heroin and crack together she would pick her skin constantly. When she was just doing heroin, her skin looked fine. She has a bit of OCD and would use toothpicks and pick under her eyelids for hours. Kind of self-mutilating behavior. Hugs, Marle
Old 02-26-2009, 07:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

oh yeah! that was always one of the tell tale signs I saw in my son. When he's sober he is meticulous (sorry sp) with his appearance. When using a shower is about all he'll do.
Old 02-26-2009, 09:12 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Callie View Post
I never noticed AH's skin being bad, but his hygene went downhill quickly. Someone who would take a shower first thing in the morning, was very anal about hair and clothes. Suddenly I had to tell him he hadn't showered in 2 days. He would never just throw on a hat and go, but in the end that's all he did.
My ABF was lik this as well, Callie. He would spend HOURS in the bathroom getting ready to go the grocery store - to the point I would have to say, "Are you ready YET?!?!"
Now, he's lucky if he gets a shower every day. I ask him every night, "Did you wash your behind today?"
The skin thing - I'm not real sure what it would be from with him as he'll do anything. I did notice that when he was on crack that he would get the boils, and not just in one place - they were everywhere...except his face. And they were nasty!
When it was just heroin, it was his face. He would pick at it like he was panning for gold.
Old 02-27-2009, 07:38 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Whats with the picking??! When abf on heroin he would spend ages in bathroom picking his face/upper body with implements
....interesting to see that others do it too

Also like the others mention about their addicts-normally he is a clean freak but under the influence = hygeine out the window