Happy New Year! Don't anyone give up on yourself!!!

Old 01-01-2009, 07:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Happy New Year! Don't anyone give up on yourself!!!

Just checking in and wanted to say that as I did move out back in November and with each day, I am more at peace, find myself in good moods constantly. There is light at the end of the tunnel. I thought my life was doomed and I'd never find a way out or have courage. Me being driven to insanity is what gave me that push that I needed to get out. (I should've left years ago). I have not felt this happy and good in years. I'm thinking since 2001 is the last time I was happy. That was all BEFORE he started doing cocaine.

Sometimes it a leap of faith when you make that jump, but no matter what anyone choses, just don't ever give up on yourself!!!

Happy New Year to everyone!!! (When I think of what I have been through, I feel like I was in the Vietnam War).
Old 01-02-2009, 02:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Happy New Year to you too, and I'm sure it will be.

I have often had to go by a leap of faith, or follow with blind faith...but as long as I had faith of any kind, my path was lit.

May 2009 be your best year ever.

Hugs
Old 01-02-2009, 02:34 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Happy New Year and congratulations on your new life.

I can certainly relate to how you are feeling, it's amazing to me how much healthier and normal I feel now - I left my AH in August. I didn't realize how truly sick we had both become until I left.

All the best to you! K.
Old 01-02-2009, 05:06 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations! I too finally made the break from my AH. (Long overdue... but we do things in our own time) Although there are many rough patches for me and I am often sad about being alone, it doesn't match the relief I feel that I don't have to deal with the chaos and deceit of living with an addict. I don't miss him or the behaviors one bit. Here's to an even better and stronger 2009!
Old 01-02-2009, 07:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am completly optimistic about 2009. My 14 yr old daughter before was always her dad's sidekick and puppet. She was angry on moving day. Once we moved, there has been a complete role reversal. We have never gotten along so well either. One day, I said to her "why are you always so nice now to me?" and she responded "Mom, you are nice too. Even my friends have said that they have never seen your mother like this". I was probably always snipping at her before because I had so much anger in me. I guess we sometimes don't realize that we take things out on our kids. Our house is a completely different environment now and it is completely peaceful, safe, etc.

All I know is if I can do it, anyone can because I was the weakest person alive for years. I was a mess. I don't know what happened to bring me to his point, besides insanity.

Good luck to everyone and this site is awesome for people that need to talk to others about what we all have dealt with. Its a Godsend.

Remember to "Look for the Rainbow after the Rain".

There is hope.