Celebrity Rehab

Old 11-22-2008, 07:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Celebrity Rehab

Just curious if anyone out there watches this. I find myself drawn in, but I often wonder if it's realistic in the sense that they expect these folks to get clean in so short a time.
Old 11-22-2008, 07:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I've only seen it once and it was a little scary to me. I had a similar feeling that the folks I saw on that show were still in pretty bad shape and wondered if all rehab was like that.
Old 11-22-2008, 08:06 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
We Do Recover

I watch it--it is to help them get through the detox period. Last season some of them actually went into sober living for awhile afterward cause they felt they needed more time away from everything "on the outside" and were better able to focus on recovery. I agree--less than one month in a recovery center isn't enough for alot of people....yet some are able to just go to meetings or find a support system immediately afterward and manage to stay sober. The key is for each of them to come up with a game plan while they are still there--for what they will do/where they will go once they get out. I'm sure Dr. Drew will do his very best to help them.