Hey ya'll....

Old 10-21-2008, 12:24 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Hey ya'll....

Just wanted to say "hey".... and that I'm here about 10% of the time than previously..... but I MISS YOU ALL!!!!

I've been working my tail off..... and have had so many other things going on that it's forcing me to give less power to addiction and MUCH MUCH more power to myself and MY recovery. While the bulk of it is distraction due to school and extra curricular activities with my boys and giving my boys attention/discipline... and also my job. However, through all of this - I'm choosing where I am giving my power and my energy.... and focusing right now on the positives in EVERYTHING. It's like this mental / emotional check I've been doing daily since that wake up call I had a little over a month ago - when I found my consequences staring at me dead in my face!

On the fun side of things..... I'm taking my mom to see Jimmy Buffet for her birthday.... it''ll be my first JB show and hers too...... I'll go to sleep tonight thinking about the brightest and loudest outfit I can wear!

My guy is taking subs..... and has had some slips - but I have released HIM and this disease .... and am taking these 3 C's very seriously. I'm also taking a personal inventory MOSTLY on myself and giving power to the positives in my life. He can own this addiction.... it's not mine - it's his.

My resignation has been turned in and me, myself, and I are moving forward. I'm NOT going to be a victim... I'm a survivor!

Again - I miss you all.... and look forward to catching up with you all. Think about you lots!!!!

BIG love and Peace ~ xoxoxoox
Old 10-21-2008, 04:27 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Restoring myself to sanity

I have missed you....

I'm glad you are doing well.. you have a great attitude and you are getting stronger everyday.....

Ok, I'm officially Jealouse... I'm the biggest Parrot Head in the world... I LOVE LOVE LOVE Jimmy Buffett.. everytime he comes to town the tickets sell out faster then I can get them.. I'm talking in a matter of minutes... I'm so excited that you are getting to go.
Old 10-21-2008, 04:38 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
BBD

You sound great and I'm jealous too~~~~Jimmy Buffett is one of my favorites. You will have a ball and what a great daughter to be taking mom to see him....stay on your path. It sounds likea good one. Hugs, Bonnie
Old 10-21-2008, 05:48 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Wow, listen to you, and all that recovery talking!
Fantastic!

Life can be great when we concentrate on the POSITIVES, and I sure can see you have that karma working for you!

You are shining!

Hugs....

(I LOVE Jimmy Buffet....)
Old 10-21-2008, 05:51 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Keep doing what you are doing - in my experience, I keep getting better and better - whether or not "it" (the situation) or "him" does.

And I never knew was possible. He was happy - I was. He was using - I was upset and nuts. My emotions were always up and down like a roller coaster. Today, most of the time, I can detach from "his" doings - pray for him, and release him to his HP.

Love in recovery,
Jody Hepler
Old 10-21-2008, 08:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((Abs)))

So good to hear from you...been wondering how you were.

I'm really glad you are moving forward and taking care of yourself and the boys!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 10-22-2008, 03:00 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hey guys! Thanks so much!!!!

Yeah..... it really does help keeping busy, but like I said in another reply - I do seem to get slammed pretty hard in other areas of my life - i.e. - my parents. But - I'm finding that staying busy is really helping.

It's so easy for me to have gratitude, but why then the laws of attraction to others who have feelings of entitlement and negative attitudes? That perplexes me. Hopefully - by my staying strong in where, what, and to whom I give my power - it will die down a bit.

Lately - I have been so emotional - so sensitive.... like I'm crying when I'm faced with these struggles, but the ONLY power I'm giving to it is emotionally (via tearing up for just a few minutes) - not trying to control or change the other people. It's this internal war that I'm fighting I suppose. BTW - the emotional outbursts are followed up within minutes of me saying to myself - DO NOT GIVE POWER to xyz.

Man - I am just putting out the ~vibe~ that I get to have counseling (health insurance) and have time to make for alanon meetings ..... because I really REALLY feel that is what I need right now - more importantly - what I WANT right now. Just for a little while longer - my job will allow that time for al-anon.... but I can make time for the weekend right? So - on Saturday - I should to go to my favorite meeting. It is not possible to go at night right now - as I have to be home for my boys - who are adjusting to me being gone so much until night. So - again - I'm putting it out there that I will be able to make the time for my personal healing - and not rely totally on distraction.

Why can't co-dependency recovery be a paying force? LOL - Man - I'd be rich!!!! hahahahaha!
Old 10-30-2008, 04:20 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You are stronger then you realize!

Hey Love!
Like what I am hearing! Keep focusing on the good and being grateful!
You are in my thoughts!
Love you and Miss you!

Your friend through all things~
Stellargirl
Old 10-30-2008, 04:37 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((Abs)))

You are shining!

I learned in meditation this week that we can have pain (physical and emotional) but we only suffer from the discomfort when we resist it - WOW!

Keep putting one foot in front of the other - you are sooooo far along the road to health and happiness! Thanks for the update!