going to court

Old 10-16-2008, 10:24 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I understand how you feel, I've been exactly where you are.
praying your daughter turns toward recovery,
susan
Old 10-16-2008, 12:38 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Oh April, My heart breaks reading what you wrote. Drugs are so evil, I so hope that maybe she will come around with the babies. Twins it could be such a beautiful time for you both.
I say prayers for you and your daughter and her babies and Baxter too.((((hugs))))
Old 10-16-2008, 08:06 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Where one dream is gone there is a chance for a new and brighter one. This could just be her day. Her chance for a new start and a new life. Never give up hope. Hope is always there.
Old 10-17-2008, 12:51 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

All I can say is "me, too" when you describe what its like to see your AD. They did have it all, so full of life and promise before the addiction took it all away. Sometimes I don't know which is more like the twilight zone - my daughter and her life now, or me and the way i go on with mine.
Old 10-17-2008, 04:03 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

sleepy,
Good choice of words. Twilight Zone!!!! That is exactly how I feel my life is now. Like it is not my own and someone else is controling it. I want my quiet life back. Boring but I liked it. I have lost 16 pounds since May, good thing but not the way to lose it. AND can't afford to go out and buy clothes to fit. LOL.
Love all the guys to pieces. You all are my strength and hope. God bless everyone of you.
April
Old 10-17-2008, 07:15 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

((painter))

I am experiencing the same "life sucks weight loss" program. I can't afford to buy new pants and don't even have another hole in the belts too pull tighter!!! My hair is WAY past due for a cut . . . if I can stick to "no" I might be able to do some of those things in December - stick to a budget and don't give my AS money - I could go get a couple pairs of pants! It is something to look forward to and a goal to work towards.

I'm sorry for the pain your are experiencing, but am glad you had the courage to go to court and hear the outcome yourself.

Joan
Old 10-17-2008, 01:51 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Joan,
If you were here I would give you a free haircut. One codie to another. I completely understand how hard it is to say no. But I finally had to learn the hard way when AD brought a check by my house for 250.00 on xmas eve and said she needed me to cash it so the kids could have Santa Clause. Of course the check was bogus and I was out the money. I saw what the kids got from that 250. 00. That was it for me. Nothing else. She even tried to "borrow" my riding lawn mower to do a yard job for money. Ha. Are you kidding? I finally got tired of taking care of her and her lazy BF. I have spent more money on groceries than I care to count for her house. I finally said that I would feed kids here at my house and that was all. If they can find money for drugs then they can feed themselves. I found out later that they were seen at food banks and free meals here in our town. So yeah, where there is a will .....I will and am taking care of the children, but not the adults. Not my job. Hang in there, practice saying I'm sorry I can't do that. It works.
Lots of love,
April
Old 10-17-2008, 05:58 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
BBD

Prayers for you and your daughter and those twins....Lets hope maybe she can get it together in the next 30 days...you'll both be in my thoughts. Bonnie
Old 10-17-2008, 08:41 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
krhea75

Hey painter,
Sorry about your daughter. My son has been in those orange jumpsuits before. It's a tough one. Praying for your family and those little ones.
krhea