Anyone familiar with Child Support Law in PA???

Old 09-17-2008, 05:56 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Anyone familiar with Child Support Law in PA???

He has had practically no income all year but got a check for $1100 in April, My mortgage isn't paid for the year, yet we are both in the same house, while I pay all utilities, etc. I just can't afford the mortgage. I have my child support hearing Monday, but my AH keeps telling me that I will have to pay him child support since he doesn't work. Will I look like a fool going to the hearing? If I have to wait for the house to foreclose, where will me and my kids go? Anyone with insight into the child support laws in PA would be appreciated. Thanks! I just want to get a place for my kids and I, and I will continue to work my 2 jobs. I don't know if I should wait until we end up in a shelter and then file.
Old 09-17-2008, 06:14 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

OK. You have a hearing. This is a step in the right direction.

That you are all living under the same roof and share custody of your children complicates the matter. Sounds like he is positioning himself to be the " stay at home dad". That's a luxury few can afford, now days.

Don't worry about looking like a fool. You are fighting for your own and your children's survival. Since he is capable of work, no doubt that the court will expect him to do so.

Please let us know what happens.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:25 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
rozied

I am so sorry. I live in PA but don't know the law regarding child support. As the above post said I cannot imagine if you are all living in the same house how the courts won't expect him to go to work. I PRAY everything goes well for you.
Old 09-18-2008, 03:58 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks. Some of my friends have told me to move out, but if i move out now, I will have to pay rent (which I'm not bringing in enough right now), so I'm waiting it out for the foreclosure. Another problem is he hides income (when he does work). I'll keep you posted, but it is so complicated my situation. Probably after this hearing for the support, i will contact Legal-Aid because I probably am going to have to file for full custody.