Language of Letting Go - August 27 - Procrastination

Old 08-27-2008, 07:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Language of Letting Go - August 27 - Procrastination

You are reading from the book The Language of Letting Go

Procrastination

Procrastination - not acting when the time is right - is a self-defeating behavior. It produces anxiety, guilt, disharmony, and a nagging consciousness of the task that life is telling us it's time to do.

We are not always procrastinating when we put off doing something. Sometimes, doing a thing before the time is right can be as self-defeating as waiting too long.

We can learn to discern the difference. Listen to yourself. Listen to the Universe. What is past due and creating anxiety and prodding within you?

Is there something in your life you are avoiding because you don't want to face it? Is there a building anxiety from putting this off?

Sometimes anger, fear, or feeling helpless can motivate procrastination. Sometimes, procrastination has simply become habitual.

Trust and listen to yourself, your Higher Power, and the Universe. Watch for signs and signals. If it is time to do something, do it now. If it is not yet time, wait until the time is right.

God, help me learn to be on time and in harmony with my life. Help me tune in to and trust Divine Timing and Order.

From The Language of Letting Go by Melody Beattie ©1990, Hazelden Foundation.
Old 08-27-2008, 07:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

This is a great reading for someone who usually posts this in the morning
Old 08-27-2008, 08:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU THANK YOU ..... I can not say THANK YOU ENOUGH for this!!!!!

I have been labeled a "last minute nelly" from as early as my childhood years. I would like to say it something that has become habitual for me.... but I'm not sure if it is. But I will say.... I have battled this for many years! The ONLY way I have been able to beat it is by being totally consciously aware of it. Doing graphs... keeping time... and I'll tell ya..... being self - employed makes it that much harder! But then again - at the same time - when I'm NOT being such a procrastinator and succeeding at my work - how EMPOWERED I feel!

This is A HUGE character defect for me! Something I have been waiting to work on! HA HA! I said .... "waiting"!

WOW.... I amuse myself - I really do!

Thank you again for this. It SPEAKS A TON to me!!!!!

Peace xoxo
Old 08-27-2008, 10:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

I look daily now for the message.
Old 08-28-2008, 01:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I used to be and still can be a terrible procrastinator. The difference recovery has made in all this is that I am now very aware when I am "stalling" or making excuses to put off what should be attended.

Being aware of it helps, but I have to keep practicing taking action too.
Old 08-28-2008, 04:28 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you! I look forward to your messages every day. I am learning to deal with things are they need to be dealt with and not put them off. It helps to cut down on more mess later, but it is still not easy for me to do it now or when it needs to be done. Some of that is avoidance, but on little, simple things... who knows... progress not perfection, right?