My RAS has 102 day clean

Old 08-24-2008, 08:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My RAS has 102 day clean

My son has 102 days clean, .

We went to court last Thursday for a prelim hearing for probation violation, they wanted to put him in jail for 20 days, but since he has been in a 28 day treatment facility and already served that many days in jail after he got out, they released him and he is now done with the court system except for his fines and PO visits. I am so proud of him. I have just spent the last 2 days helping him set up his house and getting everything ready for school that starts tommorrow. He also starts his new job this week.

It is just so awesome to see him take responsibility for the first time in along time. I know I am not supposed to count on the future too much but it is hard not to get excited when thinking about how this nightmare might actually be over for awhile, if not forever.

Now I can concentrate on getting myself and my finances straightened out, getting straight A's in school(LOL) and moving on with my life. I am just so happy tonight I had to share with all of you.

Love to you all,
Barb
Old 08-24-2008, 08:53 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

Good for him!!!!!! and sounds like good for you too!!!! Glad to hear happy news.
Old 08-24-2008, 09:51 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Fantastic Barb,
I bet you're sleeping better at night and have a smile on your face during the day.
Your son is becoming the person he is capable of.

I know that free feeling that comes when we stop worrying about them and have more energy to be the person we are capable of too.
My son marks 6 mos. at inpatient facility today. He just called to say he knows gratitude and has hope. There are some other MOMs here with
our sons/daughters in recovery now after a long struggle. I hope it is contagious and all the MOMs have the same experience
that you and I know today.
Old 08-25-2008, 04:31 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Congratulations to your son. Getting all A's, huh? What a smartie Congrats to you too. Hugs and thanks for sharing the great news. Marle
Old 08-25-2008, 04:58 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Congratulations to both you and your son.

It is amazing when they get it. I know how hard it is not to have expectations, but the good feeling that you can have when they're doing better is wonderful.
Prayers for both of you!!
Old 08-25-2008, 07:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Good for both of you!!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 08-25-2008, 07:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Turning it all around

Smile That's great news hopeandprayer!

Wow, a feel good story! I think it's wonderful for your son to see what being on the right path can do. I'm sure he is equally proud of you for being there when he felt so lost and alone. I think it's fine not to worry. Fill your heart with the positive. It is said "you get what you set", in other words, you get what you focus on! The more you show him how good the clean life can be, the less apt he'll be to return to the old. I am so proud of him for getting it all together. Good for him, and you! Prayers
Old 08-25-2008, 08:44 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
krhea75

Thanks for the success story, Barb. I love a happy ending....or maybe beginning is more appropriate.
krhea
Old 08-25-2008, 08:48 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

That is so awesome. What is he going to school for?
Old 08-26-2008, 08:36 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

wonderful news! Prayers being answered.
my best,
susan