My Resignation

Old 08-21-2008, 06:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

My Resignation

RESIGNATION

I am hereby officially tendering my resignation as an adult. I have decided I would like to accept the responsibilities of an 8 year-old again.

I want to go to McDonald's and think that it's a four star restaurant.

I want to sail sticks across a fresh mud puddle and make a sidewalk with rocks.

I want to think M&Ms are better than money because you can eat them.

I want to lie under a big oak tree and run a lemonade stand with my friends on a hot summer's day.

I want to return to a time when life was simple, when all you knew were colors, multiplication tables, and nursery rhymes, that didn't bother you, because you didn't know what you didn't know and you didn't care.

All you knew was to be happy you were blissfully unaware of all the things that should make you worried or upset.

I want to think the world is fair.

That everyone is honest and good.

I want to believe that anything is possible.

I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things again

I want to live simple again.

I don't want my day to consist of computer crashes, mountains of
paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank, doctor bills, gossip, illness, and loss of loved ones.

I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams, the imagination, mankind, and making angels in the snow.

So . . here's my checkbook and my car keys, my credit card bills and my 401K statements. I am officially resigning from adulthood.

And if you want to discuss this further, you'll have to catch me first,
'cause........

...."Tag! You're it."
Old 08-21-2008, 06:45 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Cats - I hope you don't mind but I'm going to join you in retirement. I'm tired of being a grown up and I'm tired of taking care of everybody. I also want to be young and carefree.

Can you come out to play?
Old 08-21-2008, 06:53 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm joining ya,,,!
Old 08-21-2008, 06:54 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Cats, I just love ya!
Old 08-21-2008, 07:36 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh cats-
Thanks!!!! :ghug3
Old 08-21-2008, 10:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Cats - what a great post.

I mentor a 9-year old and for 4 hours every week I get to forget my niece (addict) and be 9 again.

I do all those things and more, we make doll clothes and sew pillows, watch movies and bake cakes. We walk the dogs and swim in the creek and she tell me all about what makes her happy and worries her and these are things I CAN help with.

thanks for a the smile you brought to my face to day - I needed it.
Old 08-21-2008, 11:08 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I want to think the world is fair.

That everyone is honest and good.

I want to believe that anything is possible.

I want to be oblivious to the complexities of life and be overly excited by the little things again

I want to live simple again.

I want to believe in the power of smiles, hugs, a kind word, truth, justice, peace, dreams, the imagination, mankind, and making angels in the snow.
Truly on 9 days out of 10, despite "computer crashes, mountains of
paperwork, depressing news, how to survive more days in the month than there is money in the bank, doctor bills, gossip, illness, and loss of loved ones," and especially more work to do than there are hours in a day, working my program has helped me so to live life simply and to believe in the good in people, laughter, light and hope. For every negative I see, I now see 10 positives and that is the most amazing thing possible. Sometimes that means I have to turn off the outside world...go days without watching the news, never, ever turn on talk radio made to get ones blood boiling and walk away from gossip, but I think for me that is a big part of self care.

I am also a firm believer in the power of giggles. I think the ability to get the giggles and laugh in the face of adversity, truly laugh...from the belly and to the point of tears, gives one the power to conquer the world
Old 08-21-2008, 11:19 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I love it!!

I am lucky enough to work in a restaurant where kids come in a lot. They remind me what's really important in life (milkshakes!!) and always bring a smile to my face and a skip in my step.

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 08-21-2008, 11:22 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Me too!!!
Old 08-21-2008, 12:26 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
BBD

I'm right behind all of you on this one. Wouldn't it be wonderful to just clear our heads of all negitive thoughts and pay attention to the good things in life.....
Old 08-21-2008, 01:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
rozied

Playmate come out and play with me
Bring out your dolly three, climb up my apple tree!!!

It would be nice to be a kid again but despite all the responsibility I like being an adult!
To take a few hours off every so often, to be like a kid again is always fun.
Old 08-21-2008, 07:23 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey Cats,
Can I come?? After we do the things you've suggested, lets go fly kites!! And make a cool sand castle, go swimming until our skin has wrinkles.Then maybe we can make ice cream cones...I used to love a combo of lime sherbet and chocolate ice cream when I was a kid....we discovered this because we only had a little of each. Of course, it's the law that ice cream has to be eaten sitting in a tree.... Sounds great to me, and I am soooooooo ready! Thanks for a great post!
Old 08-21-2008, 08:32 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
To Thine Own Self Be True

I have an 8 year old and I love living life through her eyes. I try to do so often
Old 08-21-2008, 08:42 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
God's Kid

Where do I sign up?

:atv
Old 08-22-2008, 04:41 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

OK, I'm greedy, I want both worlds! I want to be the emancipated 8 year old, with a blackbelt and a special law that allows me to use that 40lk to support myself. Wait a second, I don't have a 40lk so maybe Cats will trade me hers for my marbles? (-: Wait, darn it, I don't even have any marbles. Shoot. At least giggles are free, I can load up on those with this group. LOL

B

P.S. Every time I get down about all the nasty uncaring people in this world, all I have to do is come here and I see all the wonderful, kind hearted people that I can't see in my day to day life.

Hugs
Old 08-22-2008, 05:35 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Sounds wonderful! There is nothing more blissful then looking at the world through a childs eyes.
Old 08-23-2008, 04:35 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I too want to be a kid again...playing on the beach, picking up a little lizard frog and putting it back because it won't fit in my pocket, eating apple pie with all the ice cream I want and never worrying about calories or nutrition, wearing a t-shirt and shorts and hiking through the woods, playing in a kayak and splashing my friend in hers....wait a minute, I AM a kid (okay maybe an old one) and just did all that this week on my vacation to visit Mooselips
Old 08-23-2008, 07:49 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Gee we can all do this it would be wonderful to just wake up and eat and play. No worries, no thoughts of money, no problems I'm In......
Old 08-24-2008, 08:55 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

Can I jump on this band wagon??? please????

I want to go to bed at 8pm and actually sleep all night and not get up til 8am
Old 08-25-2008, 03:37 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

You scared the s**t out of me... I saw "My Resignation" posted by you and thought you were leaving as a forum leader... not a nice thing to do to a girl!!

That being said... great post.

Can I come too?

Amy