"All About ME Friday"

Old 08-08-2008, 10:26 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
krhea75

Love this post! I've been giggling all the way through. That was enough for me today. I was feeling kind of blue and this helped so much. So what will I do? My bf and I are going to Peoria (an hour and a half away) for a dr. appt. of mine. Then we'll probably go to a movie and out to eat. He's here now so gotta go!
Old 08-08-2008, 10:38 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

It's a SR 911 - I have no Dairy Queen nearby!

I like the Georgia Mud-Fudge or Brownie Earthquake Blizzard - no other place comes even close!

Going to my f2f meeting tonite - maybe I'll see if the crew wants to go out to eat afterwards!
Old 08-08-2008, 10:43 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

YES!!!!!!!!!! TODAY is going to be a good day!

I'm going to put love into my home. I know that doesn't sound SO great and all about me ....... BUT IT IS! Because when I am not in "all about me" mode.... guess what? MY house shows it through and through! It's NOT that bad.... I need to mop and dust and do laundry...... BUT what I'm going to do is look in the mirror when I'm cleaning them and look at myself.... and I am going to appreciate me. I'm going to look at me and I'm going to love myself..... and the mirrors will be a symbolism to seeing clearer at ME!

Great thread!!!!!!!!

OH.... and I'm also going tonight to see my sis in law perform in a dinner performance. It's a copy cat musical combination of "American Idol meets So You Think You Can Dance".... I am going with my guy, my parents, and my brother. Boys go with their dad this weekend.... and I have 2 more weekends to get ready before the boys go back to school.

I have a lot of "TO DO's" ..... and I'm going to pound them out.... and feel good about myself while attempting and after completing all of them.

ALSO....... Labor Day weekend I am going to see my favorite band play at the Gorge..... AND the following weekend I'm going to be doing the same at another venue! So I have some things to look forward to that are just for ME..... and THAT IS OKAY!
Old 08-08-2008, 11:02 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

YES MAAAAM!!!!!!!

3rd year in a row for me to see the Dave Matthews Band there!!!!!!
Old 08-08-2008, 11:04 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

At lunch I bought good smelling lotion. A coworker just ordered garlic bread and as much as I shouldnt have it I cant wait
Old 08-08-2008, 11:37 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
StrivingToThrive

Uh Oh!

I was sitting here trying to get motivated to be productive! I have been recovering from my hysterectomy and my place needs some tending too.
But... your post is calling me in another direction!
I might just have to put all my chores off for a day!( Can I blame it on you? )

I think I'll head to the beach with my book and a chair. Then I might go see a movie by myself and order buttered popcorn!
not really up to par yet anyway so its better for me to rest some more!

Cathy
Old 08-08-2008, 01:33 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Well I had a great day, and it's not over yet.

I got my birdseed, which made me pass the aisle where jammies where on sale so I bought 2 sets...then had to pass some great bags on sale...bought one..then passed lingerie, also having a sale...new undies fit for a queen

I called my Dairy Queen sundae "lunch" ha ha, and have a roast in for dinner.

I talked to Mooselips too, today, and she says hi to everyone. No computer on Moose Island in Codie Lake, but all is well with her and hubby.

It's just a great thing to listen to you gals grab today and run. We should do this more often...because we are worth it. :day4

Hugs
Old 08-08-2008, 04:44 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Abundance View Post
YES MAAAAM!!!!!!!

3rd year in a row for me to see the Dave Matthews Band there!!!!!!

I went there once in 2003 for DMB. I met Boyd and LeRoi and it was amazing. I <3 DMB.

My boss, just out of the blue, handed me $100 cash.. and said to do something nice for yourself this weekend. This is a thank you for all the hard work you did the past week, I know it was crazy and you had a lot of your own issues but I want you to know, you are doing a great job and are very appreciated.

That was awesome
Old 08-08-2008, 06:00 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Today I celebrate the fact that I just finished another semester toward my degree!!

Really!! Just an hour ago!! I submitted my last final just one hour ago!!

I took nine hours online this summer and it was ROUGH!!! I wasn't thinking about the semester being condensed when I registered!!

Nine more hours and I'm there!! WOOHOO!!!!

Old 08-08-2008, 06:50 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

I decided yesterday to take today off from work since I will be work traveling all next week, starting Sunday. Slept in an extra hour, took my time in the gardens watering and deadheading...nothing more soothing than gardening! I finished wrapping hubbies presents....He turns 50 tomorrow and I am throwing a surprise dinner party for him. I can't believe I had everything...everything set for it by this morning. Just have to pick up the cake and balloons tomorrow. It feels so good not to be rushing and stressed.

Headed up to the mountains late morning and we took the kayaks out on our favorite stretch of the river. Saw 2 bald eagles and just such awesome natural beauty and caught some good rapids too. Stopped at a nice restaurant in an old house on the way home and had dinner on the porch with a trumpet player playing in the background. Now I think I will throw some bubbles in the jacuzzi and light some candles...A wonderful end to a wonderful all about me day.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:15 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by SadlyLost View Post
I went there once in 2003 for DMB. I met Boyd and LeRoi and it was amazing. I <3 DMB.

NICE!!!!!!! Roi is not touring right now..... he got injured. And now Butch isn't there anymore either. So.... it's kind of weird. Tim Reynolds is touring with them this summer... so it brings more electric. I'm embarrassed to say I'm seeing 7 shows this summer. But I'm looking so forward to it!

Very cool about meeting those two. I've met Dave with my son... and it was a very kewl experience. I love DMB too!!!!!

Anvil....... Dave Matthews loves the Subaru too! hahahaha!
Old 08-09-2008, 03:46 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by duet_4-8 View Post
Today I celebrate the fact that I just finished another semester toward my degree!!
Duet, you are awesome and I am so proud of all you have done!!!

Just know that even though you can't see us, we are all cheering you on.

That's me, third row back...the lady with the bunny slippers...

Old 12-25-2008, 03:19 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

Ann

OMG did I miss "all about me day?"

Oh well, it's always "all about me day" around my house.

My sister says I am so spoiled all I have to do is breath! This is so true. Remember when Mr. Dev said, "you better pray you go first!" He's right you know. Don't know what I would do if I had to put a meal together!

Anyway, I do love this special day. Me, me, me, my needs, my needs, very nice indeed! We need more days like that.

I did help pick grapes this year. Well, I picked until I broke a nail then I stormed off the field. I wanted to go in the rows where the hispanics were picking 'cause they were having so much fun. They sing and laugh and talk! My row with Mr. Dev was way too serious! Next year I'm with them. I'm alredy practicing "Quando Caliente il Sole"

Hugs, Devastated