Some Devil

Old 08-06-2008, 10:58 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Some Devil

I'm not drunk... but I am emotionally drunk... I am emotionally NOT sober.... and this song.... is speaking to me.....

Music helps me... it makes me feel not alone.

I'm glad I went to that meeting tonight. It was a ACOA MEETING... which I have been avoiding.... because I'm not ready to go "there"... I am a child from an alcoholic family... but they were functioning.... but I bet that is the foundation for why 4 out of 5 of my adult relationships have been with addicts. I am grateful; however, that my boy's father is the ONE and ONLY normie! I am thankful for that more than ever. And I am also thankful that I am in recovery.

YouTube - Dave Matthews - Some Devil

One last kiss one only
Then I'll let you go
Hard for you I've fallen
But you can't break my fall
I'm broken don't break me
When I hit the ground

Some devil some angel
Has got me to the bones
You said always and forever
Now I believe you baby
Is such a long and lonely time

Too drunk and still drinking
It's just the way I feel
It's alright
Is what you told me
Cause what we had was so beautiful
Feel heavy like floating
At the bottom of the sea

Now I believe you baby
Is such a long and lonely time

Some devil is stuck inside of me
Why can't I set IT free
I wish, I wish I was dead and you were grieving
Just so that you could KNOW
Some angel is stuck inside of me
But I cannot set you free

Now I believe you baby
Such a long and lonely time

Stuck inside of me
Old 08-07-2008, 04:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Abundance,

Somehow I just knew you'd feel better if you could get to a meeting. Now remember that, okay? Meetings, meetings and more meetings mean support, support and more support along with educating ourselves as to how we can get our life back.

We all know why we don't want to go, we just really don't want to say it. But....I'm going to say it .....

If we go to meetings, we're afraid we'll have to look at ourselves. And if we look at ourselves, we are probably going to see things we don't like and need to change. And we will have to look at some tough issues from the past, painful ones. But the only way to get past this stuff IS to realize it's there, face it and then deal with it. That is the only way any of us we'll ever get better.

So let's see. When is the next meeting?

Hugs to you Abundance. You're being brave and I admire you for that.

Love,
Hangin' In
Old 08-07-2008, 05:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Hangin' In View Post
Abundance,

Somehow I just knew you'd feel better if you could get to a meeting. Now remember that, okay? Meetings, meetings and more meetings mean support, support and more support along with educating ourselves as to how we can get our life back.

We all know why we don't want to go, we just really don't want to say it. But....I'm going to say it .....

If we go to meetings, we're afraid we'll have to look at ourselves. And if we look at ourselves, we are probably going to see things we don't like and need to change. And we will have to look at some tough issues from the past, painful ones. But the only way to get past this stuff IS to realize it's there, face it and then deal with it. That is the only way any of us we'll ever get better.

So let's see. When is the next meeting?

Hugs to you Abundance. You're being brave and I admire you for that.

Love,
Hangin' In
Hangin' In... you couldn't have said it better. The person before me spoke just about that... and that is what is very healing. I even shared that I didn't expect it to be a CAOA meeting, and that I had been avoiding it... and landed there w/out planning it. It was a gift...

I didn't feel brave.... I felt weak... and I felt hopeless... but TODAY.... I feel brave and I feel strong that I got through that storm. I feel grateful for those meetings.... you and everyone who goes and says to go is totally right on.... when in times of needs.... suggestions being given are a gift.