She is pregnant...

Old 07-07-2008, 06:36 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

She is pregnant...

Well, Lauren is 5 weeks pregnant. I have really not seen her very much since I found out, I guess I am not ready to process it and in my mind if I stay away from her I can do it in my own way. I talked to her and we talked about everything that could be wrong with it and I explained to her that I was not raising anymore kids, I am not going to do it!!!! I am finally to a point in my life where I am free to get my own life!! Lauren wants to have an abortion and to be honest, I think it is the best and maybe if things were different in her life, lets see, if she had a job, a car, and a home would be good too!! But right now she has nothing and bringing a baby into her world would not be the best for anyone involved. But knowing Lauren like I know her, she will change her mind but we will see....
Old 07-07-2008, 06:39 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Prayers for you and Lauren.

HUGS,
Rita
Old 07-07-2008, 06:54 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((((hugs to you))))
Old 07-07-2008, 07:12 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

((obsessed)) ((Lauren and child))

My prayers are with all of you.

B
Old 07-07-2008, 07:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

my prayers are with all of you. You've done a good job of defining your boundaries and knowing that you are not willing to raise any more kids. Although I have loved raising my sons more than anything, I also know how done I am with little ones and starting over with that. Hopefully, she is getting the medical help that she needs to deal with her situation.

Keep taking care of yourself and keep getting the support for you that you deserve. Love and prayers....
Old 07-07-2008, 07:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Hugs and prayers to you and your daughter!
Old 07-07-2008, 08:04 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Leap of Faith Survivor

Obsessed, I am glad you have your boundaries firmly in place...prayers for you and Lauren and prayers for the highest good of the child....
Old 07-07-2008, 08:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

*hugs and prayers*
Old 07-07-2008, 09:36 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Awww - I imagine how terribly torn you are but you are doing a really good job at keeping her issues and your issues seperate. You are entitled to some happiness. I hope she does the right thing.

Keep us posted on how YOU are doing!
Old 07-07-2008, 12:22 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Prayers and thoughts are with you and your daughter. Stay strong and stick to your convictions. (((HUGS))) lots of ((((HUGS))))
Old 07-07-2008, 01:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Obsessed,
Hugs to you, I have been down this road quite a few times with my oldest sons GF's. It's a time when we should be joyous in knowing we are going to become grandmums, and addiction spoils it all.

Hope she comes to the best decision for her.

Hugs,
Old 07-08-2008, 02:13 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey Obsessed,

I understand how you feel. Have the baby, abortion, adoption, what we want may not be what they want--imagine that~!

Anyway, just know from my experience that is has to be their decision no matter what option they choose. It is hard to sit and nod, agree, and KNOW they are messing up again, but the choice is theirs. My daughter knows I wont hesitate to call the authorities if I suspect ANYTHING!!!

Prayers for you and Lauren,
susan
Old 07-08-2008, 02:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Prayers and love for you and Lauren.

It is so hard for me when my kids make choices that anyone can see are just terrible - with long lasting effects. That's when I do the "bite my tongue until it bleeds" - go home and cry a bit - and talk to good friends that understand. As opposed to my family, who doesn't!

One of the bonus blessings of recovery is learning that I have wants and needs and that's ok. That I too have choices, even unpopular ones.

Love in recovery,
Jody Hepler

Old 07-08-2008, 03:01 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Obsessed, I don't believe it would be enabling to mention to your daughter that The Salvation Army has a GREAT program for unwed homeless mothers. I know they have shut some of the homes down, but still have some running, so she might have to move away for a bit.

It's called Booth Memorial, and they will help her with counseling about the child, will work with her if she choses to give the baby up for adoption, and will work with her if she intends on keeping it, getting her into parenting classes, assisting in finding a place to live, getting assistance, getting a job, getting childcare, etc

Of course, she will have to stay clean and sober while living in a "Booth" home, should she decide to have her baby.

Just some info that might help.

Love and hugs,