I am so sad~~

Old 06-27-2008, 05:30 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
11d

I quit smoking about 5 years ago. I just decided I was "sick and tired of being sick and tired". I was getting sick frequently,....coughing, short of breath,...I had no stamina to do things. One day, I just threw them away and never bought another pack. I started exercising when I quit. I began to feel soooo much better. I still have cravings and think about it. When that happens,... I think for that moment. One second at a time then One day at a time.... I have an addiction! When my RAH came out of rehab, he made a comment about me having a glass of wine. I told him that I don't even think about that,....I think about smoking! But I have not picked up. You can do it! You have to really want it!
Old 06-27-2008, 05:32 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I tried to quit one day this week, and made it to about 1:00 PM-lol! I'll have to say that when I went to the grocery that morning, after not having the usual morning cigarettes, that everything already smelled great. And when I came home, I could smell how bad my smoky house smelled. Sigh...... I would love to not be a smoker anymore.
Old 06-27-2008, 08:25 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
BBD

Hi Ladies, Thanks again for telling me how important it is to QUIT~~~~~but I'm still smoking a few a day. I haven't started the chanix yet. It's a year old sitting here. We are leaving next Monday for a 10 day vacation to my sisters. My brother and his wife will also be there....and NOONE smokes. This should be a good start for me. When I get back I have a Dr's appointment and I'll check out the chanix!!!! I keep using my whacky nerves as an excuse to not totally quit but I know I have to try.....This morning I'm off to get my hair cut, colored and highlighted. Today or tomorrow I'll get ahold of Chris before we leave. Makes me so nervous that he'll do something stupid while we're gone..Oh well~~~~~Hope everyones having a good day. Smiles, Bonnie