did I do right?

Old 05-22-2008, 07:21 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

did I do right?

Hey all, how is everyone...its been a while since I posted (member for about 5 years) but hold this site very dear to my heart.

Quick question, abf is scheduled to go to a job seminar at a beach town and asked me to come along. The job is reimbursing all costs, i.e. gas, lodging, food which he vowed to pay all and just wants me to use my gas-efficient foreign car. The only thing I needed to do is replace my tires, which are due for a replacement.

Flash to two weeks later after he asked me. He is showing signs of using again...., crashing after binging, weight loss, etc. His sister who lives with him and his mom just had a baby and I think this was a trigger, not sure. So what I have done is decided NOT to go now because of the uncertainty of if he will blow "the extra cash to eat out and shop or whatever while we are away or whatever each evening after the seminar." Of course he is angry. He wants the cash back "right away" that he gave me to reserve the room.

Its just that my gut told me this was to risky with his recent behavior of avoidance and mood swings.....realistically in my heart I dont feel I want to be with him acting this way toward me, and again I may just call it quits with him (for the umpteenth time).......Did I do right?
Old 05-22-2008, 07:57 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

What do you think?

If it's the umphteenth time are you just adding a number or is it really quits?

I think you handle the situation correctly, but what will you do for the future?

Insanity = doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different outcome.

good luck
Old 05-22-2008, 08:08 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Only you can answer whether it was right or not. But, were I in your shoes, canceling the trip would have been just the beginning of what I did.
Old 05-22-2008, 08:56 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thanks you guys, really needed those encouraging kicks in the butt ...yayy...I feel a "little" better but not quite insane yet rahsue, but I will copy and paste your comment so I can get it in my psyche...its comments like yours that really help me to get a grip and think more deeply about the situation
Old 05-22-2008, 09:39 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Godsgirl

Good for you! I definitely think you have done the right thing. Too many times we don't listen to our "gut" and things go wrong. I think you are very brave to step up and say "NO!"

As far as calling it quits with him goes, you'll do that too when you are ready.

It isn't easy to "let go" of someone you love because we always hope things will be different. It takes a lot of practice to finally take that step!

Keep the faith....

Hugs, Devastated