Just crazy

Old 04-10-2008, 05:02 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

As you can probably tell, there is a strong bunch here. You included Lost! Sometimes we don't see that ourselves and sometimes it's not possible to be strong, BUT we have our friends here to remind us and cheer us on! You are strong, honey! The sink is just step one, you will be amazed at how much you can handle! And for those things you can't, you will find support and help, just like you do when you come here! See, I am feeling particularly strong at the moment, and it's coming from reading what you and the others have posted. Strength in numbers... but you can find strength in # 1!

Have a good day, hon. Keep coming back to "talk" with us!
Old 04-11-2008, 07:16 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I needed a new faucet, it was not as easy to replace as I thought. A friends husband offered to replace it for me. So that was great news. I'm still prod of myself. I firuered out what was wrong on my own and was going to do but she offered so I took the help. I'm going to put tiles under the sink so if I ever get another leak it won't be so bad, after I get the faucet put in.
Thanks for all the encouragement, everyone here helps me stay strong.
My AH has been calling and Ive just told him no he can't come back each time, calmly too!
Old 04-11-2008, 07:21 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by ZombieWife View Post
It's difficult because you have a heart. You are a human being and you feel and love and hurt. His addictions have harmed that in him, numbed that, pushed that humanity away to some extent.

It sounds like you're doing good now. I think that if you find yourself being played or are worried you might be, tell yourself it's ok to hang up, to put distance there. If you need someone else to do it, I will.

It's OK to hang up.
It's OK to not take his phone call.
It's OK to tell him NO.

That is what I like about this board. It seems that when people cannot find the faith or the strength, they have a lot of others there to carry them part of the way. I don't know you, but I know your suffering, and you can lean on my shoulder anytime.

And living alone can be VERY liberating and very peaceful. I did it for some time. Just imagine, you can watch anything on television and not have people make fun. Yep. That means stuff like Little House on the Prairie, America's Next Top Model and Highway to Heaven reruns. Umm, not that I know about any of those. HONEST!

As for failing, sweetheart, we all fail. It's how we deal with those failures in life that make us better. Just remember, we're all here for you, ok?

I wish I could watch TV . I shut it off thinking it's another bill to get rid of thinking I never watch tv but then after he was gone I started thinking I never watched it cause he was always watching something and never wanted to watch what I wanted. I may turn at least the local back on, one thing that sucks living in the middle of nowhere no free tv. I can't get sh@t with out cable.