Suboxon & Naltrexone

Old 03-01-2008, 07:45 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Question Suboxon & Naltrexone

My boyfriend is a recovering heroin addict. He went to re-hab in florida this summer and was 90 days clean and then he relapsed at Christmas, but decided it wasn't worth it because myself, his friends and family wouldn't help him and he had to be homeless for a night. It seemed like that was enough to scare him into cleaning himself up. He has been going to meetings and seems to be doing well. After the relapse he didn't seek out a new sponsor, which worries me. He went to get a Naltrexone shot from his doctor about a month ago and he is due for another on Friday. 2 weeks ago I noticed his pupils were smaller than normal, and he confessed that he had taken 5 perks that his friend sold him after his NA meeting. I don't know if perks make you eyes small or not and he claims he got sick from taking them because of the shot. Last weekend and it seems like every other day now his pupils look fine in the morning and smaller at night. he swears he didn't take anything...but this morning i found 2 suboxon in his drawer. If he is getting the shot he shouldn't need the suboxon should he? is he doing this to get high without going and getting dope instead?

He admitted to me that he bought 15 subs. He said he needed them because he was depressed about not being able to find a job. (he has been on a ton of interviews) He didn't want to go get high so he took the subs instead, and was lying to me because he said I would get mad at him...but I am more upset that he lied to me. He doesn't have health insurance so he can't go to the doctor to get an RX for the subs. He has been prescribed them before so he knows a lot about them. Now he can't get his shot because it will make him sick cause he took the subs. I am so confused.
Old 03-01-2008, 10:41 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yes yes yes - they make your pupils TINY. And, from what I've been told, if you're not an addict and you take suboxone, you will get high... not sure if the shot would cause that or if he's been clean if it would work the same way.
My ex did the same thing to me for MONTHS. Pretty much word for word what you wrote. "I just need it to get through." "I'm doing this for you so I can stay clean." "Aren't you the one who wanted me sober in the first place?"
Etc etc etc.
Turns out, he was using the whole time....