Up Date On My Son

Old 01-23-2008, 09:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Up Date On My Son

Hi everyone,
I have an up date on my son. We have been talking everyday and I am seeing change in him. Like I said, his honesty about how he was feeling had to be first change since he has been in rehab. I love the way he has opened up to me be it good or bad.
I had a long conversation with him last night and talked to him about his thoughts. Keep in mind he has been under a lot of stress lately. I ask him if had thought about drugs since all the stress he had been under lately might bring those thoughts on. He said,"Mom, I have been under some stress, but believe it or not I haven't thought one time about doing drugs." That alone is a great improvement, because he would call and say things like I am thinking about it today and trying to keep myself busy to get it off my mind.
We also had our family therapy session today and we are working on the root of the problem...I sincerely think we hit the nail on the head about how it all got started and why he continued to use. That was a big step!!! We had not discussed that before, although as a parent I thought of it often.
Talking to him is very nice and to hear how different he sounds is always great! :bounce
The main thing I see he is doing is just taking one day at a time. He is an addict and he knows that. But now he is a recovery addict!!!
With prayers, hard work, and great wisdom from rehab he is in, there is postive change!
With all your prayers, my new found friends on this site, and love in our family I am also on my way to recovery to understanding the addiction and being supportive. I just wanted to let you know where he is at today and will keep you informed through his recovery in rehab.
Thanks so much for such wonderful advice and your prayers.
Your words make such an impact on so many people...In such a positive way.
God Bless You All and Thank you so much!!
Keep us in your prayers,
Machele
Old 01-23-2008, 09:13 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

i am happy that he is working the program & doing good. don't forget to take care of yourself. this is just the begining. i hope this is the miracle. hugs & prayers,
Old 01-23-2008, 10:18 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

((((Sweetpea)))

Glad to hear that things are looking positive and that you are taking care of you!

Hugs and prayers!

Amy
Old 01-24-2008, 05:02 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds really good! prayers sent to you both...
Old 01-24-2008, 05:07 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Sweetpea,

That's just great. I know as a parent I felt good when my AD was in rehav because I knew she was safe and getting help. So glad to hear your son is making progress.

Hope you will continue working on you while he's in rehab. Now's the time to focus on you while he's focusing on himself. If you don't go to meetings, Al Anon or Nar Anon, maybe you could find some and attend. I know my meetings help me so much. Just love that face to face support.

Hugs and prayers for your family,
Hangin' In
Old 01-24-2008, 05:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Glad to hear you son is doing well
susan
Old 01-25-2008, 03:13 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks everyone!!!! God Bless you all :ghug3
Old 01-25-2008, 03:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Sweepea,

More mom hugs for you and your son.
I am glad that he is doing well.
Good luck to you both.

Colleen
Old 01-25-2008, 04:25 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

I'm just doing a happy dance here!

So glad to hear that he is moving forward,
and working hard in his recovery.

Hugs for you, and him!
Old 01-25-2008, 08:05 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Such good news...

it is wonderful when they finally start embracing recovery and repeating some of the positive messages they are learning

my prayers that he continues on this path

(((hugs)))
Old 01-25-2008, 11:38 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Love the good news.
Old 01-26-2008, 01:38 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm doing the happy dance with you and saying prayers for his continued sobriety and growth.

It's just a heart-warmer when they finally reach out for the help they so badly need.

Hugs
Old 02-01-2008, 06:21 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

That's great news-so encouraging. Continuing prayers!
Old 02-01-2008, 06:25 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Wonderful to hear this end of your story! I don't think I was around for the first part - but this end is wonderful! Good luck to all of you in a long and healthy and happy recovery process! Keep sharing how you're doing!!!! Thanks for your happy happy words!
Old 02-01-2008, 07:11 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
BBD

Hi Sweetpea, It's great hearing your son is doing so well. Rehab is a great place for him to be but keep working on yourself.....I really did enjoy the family sessions when my son was there. It brings out alot of feelings and hope for the future. Smiles, Bonnie
Old 02-01-2008, 07:18 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Administrator

So glad to hear the good news. I found rehab time to be a great time to get to lots of Naranon meetings and post and read here. I worked on me while my child worked on her. Hugs
Old 02-06-2008, 07:58 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Had Family Therapy today! Went Great! My son is talking more and more! He so wants to be there at rehab. He made a comment yesterday he had not thought about drugs in a while. He brought that up today in Family therapy. Makes my heart melt with JOY My son is very quiet and when he was on drugs he was more able to talk and be more out going....They are working on making him open up more. I was pleased with that!! We have a lot of work to do and we are making progress for sure!
Coming home will be the real TEST!
He has made comments about his friend he had in High School and how he would like to get up with him again. His friend is a wonderful young man! He helped his mom raise his little brother after his father died and he tried to help my son and talked to him about his problem with drugs. Just a wonderful young man! So that is a sign he is thinking of new friends
Cornerstone of Recovery has helped my son so MUCH! Can't wait to see him, but know he is where he has to be for now.
Thanks for your prayers and will keep you posted on how he is doing.
Machele
Old 02-07-2008, 10:24 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Always wonderful to hear good news!!!

Prayers....