I'm about to freak out !

Old 01-05-2008, 09:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I'm about to freak out !

My mom drove my niece to detox earlier today . I just called the detox and they said she dropped her off at eight pm. They weren't going to tell me but I had to explain I was worried sick !! My mom is 67 years old and she is truly a solider but I am about to freak . It doesn't take four and a half hours to get home from where she dropped her off . I am mad at my niece cause she of course picked the less scarey detox place out of town . The last time she did a detox in the big city she left early because she was scared to death of the people in there ?? umm hello they are all your fellow users !
My mom hasn't spoken too much to me in the last couple days after I changed the locks . I thought my mom was ready to let go but it is hitting her really hard . I think I will look up a meeting for her to go to tomorrow . I just want all of this to be over . I was starting to feel great that my niece was out of the house. It bothers me how much my mom is stressed over this all . She is supposed to be enjoying her retirement years not doing all this crap .
Old 01-05-2008, 10:16 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I just called the O.P.P and they said they have no accidents reported . I guess I feel a bit better but I am still freakin out .
Old 01-05-2008, 11:05 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Takes some deep breaths sweetie. Most likely everything is fine.
I'll say some prayers for you.

My Mom worries a lot also, so I can understand why you are so worried.
I know that with my Mom's worries things are 99.9% of the time fine.
Old 01-06-2008, 02:50 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Sunny Side Up

Same for my mum, shes 69 a soldier who helps everyone. She would give and help anyone who needed it and she went through bowel cancer a year ago. My sister didnt even go to the hospital to see her because her addiction was more important right then. Still is..
My son is a drug addict and as a mother I get angry, sad, frustrated and feel helpless somedays.
We all have to sit back and take a big reality look at the big picture some days I think. We can spend all our energy trying to figure out the whys, thens, nows but at the end of the day just because they are family we cant let it destroy our souls anymore. Ive had a few bad days myself, so I understand completely how you feel. Stand by mum and give her a hug once and while. I call my mum most days just to hear her voice and see shes ok. Support each other.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:24 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Praying all is well with your mom and you this a.m.

How about you and your mom go to a meeting together? That way both of you could get the benefit of the support that is offered there. You sound like you could use some too. :ghug2

Hugs and prayers,
Hangin' In
Old 01-06-2008, 05:21 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Your mom did a good thing taking her to any detox, and my prayers go out that she is safe. My guess is that she is tired and maybe didn't hear the phone?

I agree with Hangin' about the meeting, you both would gain something by going, I know that they really helped me.

Hugs
Old 01-06-2008, 05:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

i hope your niece has reached her bottom & this nightmare will be over forever. your mom is probley home with the phone turned off. i am really good at that, i do it all the time. let us know when u hear from her.prayers,
Old 01-06-2008, 07:07 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks soo much for the prayers everyone . I finally went to bed at 3 am ! I called my mom's friend this morning and she was there . I kinda had a gut feeling that she may have gone there . I guess my gut was right but I couldn't call there at 2 am !!

I think I will go with my mom to a meeting . I come hear and read and post for support . Mostly I feel fine but it is hard to sit and watch my mom be stressed out over my niece .

I did find out from my mom that my niece plans on getting into some kind of recovery house afterward cause she finally got the message that her bridges are beyond burnt here .

Thanks again everyone for all the support.
Old 01-06-2008, 07:57 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Your mom is stressed over your niece, but you are just as stressed over your mom. Whether your mom goes with you or not, do something nice for yourself and go to that meeting. Sometimes when we make changes, others follow. Hugs, Marle