Just kick me...

Old 01-06-2008, 01:34 AM
  # 41 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

There's always room for everyone on the Codie Bus, ICU, and I was just picturing the look on the banker's face when we all walk in the office with our Queen Codie crowns nicely polished.

I will be the one on the right with the Codie Manual in my hand and read from Page 127, paragraph 3...well read it for yourselves...

"Codies shall not tolerate bank ripoffs or excess fees and should they occur, we will gather in the bankers' office and loudly proclaim our intolerance for shabby treatment."

I shall also take my steel toed bunny slippers...just in case they don't pay us the attention we deserve.

<--Codie Manual
Old 01-06-2008, 01:52 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  

This happened to my son at exactly the same time his tax return check arrived. I took him and his check to the bank, where he had to sign over the entire tax return to pay the fees. The person in charge explained it very well to him, how the whole system works. He cut up his bank card after that and uses only cash now. If they have a savings account at the same bank, and you have it set up correctly, overdraws are taken from the savings account with a 7-10 dollar fee attached.

But when it happened to me (I had deposited a cashier's check from another bank, which I assumed was as good as cash, but the bank didn't and still needed their new 5-day clearing procedure) I was outraged. Arguing about the 5 services charges that all hit that one day did no good! I withdraw all accounts there and moved banks. I think it is a racket.
Old 01-06-2008, 08:24 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

OOOOOOH they are going to be so very sorry when I win the lottery and they actually WANT my business.

I think we should start our OWN bank. 1st National Codie Bank and Trust.

Heck, most of us have enough experience with our As we know all the ins and outs. The problem would be that we tend to trust everyone... or no one, depending on the day.

And NO Promissory Notes. I've had enugh promises. SHOW ME THE MONEY.
Old 01-06-2008, 04:21 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

Oh, Now Stop Getting All Tangled Up In Your Own Underwear.....i've Done It, She's Done It , He's Done It. Now Start Giggling. Lol

Ronnie
Old 01-07-2008, 12:19 PM
  # 45 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CarolD View Post
Hi Cece....

After a bank illegally frooze my accounts
causing outstanding checks to bounce...
I too was in a bind.

Yes it got restored but it was a big mess.
My son bailed me out for a month.

Sooo...New bank
I keep $10 in savings
so I can cash my SS check.
Take $686 in cash.

I buy Post office Money orders
for my bills @ .95 cents each.

I use cash for everything.

No bank cards...No fees...No charges
No checks ..... No problems!

Hoping my financial solution helps someone.
It really works great for me!

Wow! Me, too Carol!!!!

I have been soooooooooo ripped off by my bank over fees that i just use cash and money orders now. and, of course, the bank of seely posturpedic for my investment account portfolio.
Old 01-07-2008, 12:20 PM
  # 46 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
There's always room for everyone on the Codie Bus, ICU, and I was just picturing the look on the banker's face when we all walk in the office with our Queen Codie crowns nicely polished.

I will be the one on the right with the Codie Manual in my hand and read from Page 127, paragraph 3...well read it for yourselves...

"Codies shall not tolerate bank ripoffs or excess fees and should they occur, we will gather in the bankers' office and loudly proclaim our intolerance for shabby treatment."

I shall also take my steel toed bunny slippers...just in case they don't pay us the attention we deserve.

<--Codie Manual
count me in, too!!!!!!!!
Old 01-07-2008, 12:22 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Originally Posted by rahsue View Post
Oh, Now Stop Getting All Tangled Up In Your Own Underwear.....i've Done It, She's Done It , He's Done It. Now Start Giggling. Lol

Ronnie

How do you know all my cousins???? 2
Old 01-07-2008, 12:23 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by CatsPajamas View Post
OOOOOOH they are going to be so very sorry when I win the lottery and they actually WANT my business.

I think we should start our OWN bank. 1st National Codie Bank and Trust.

Heck, most of us have enough experience with our As we know all the ins and outs. The problem would be that we tend to trust everyone... or no one, depending on the day.

And NO Promissory Notes. I've had enugh promises. SHOW ME THE MONEY.

brillaiant idea CP!!!
Old 01-08-2008, 04:29 AM
  # 49 (permalink)  
Thatswayworldgoesround

Cece: Bank tried this on my SD, who really stays on top of her little account in college at age 19 this year. After she had three fees of $35 for not realizing her check hadn't cleared (it was deposited before the withdrawal that made her go over), she was a wreck, tried to talk to bank on her own, and they were really ugly, not quite like when she signed up for an account.

I got on phone, sweetly told them they were taking advantage of someone who doesn't understand getting screwed yet, and they took off two of the charges. I will say that daughter watches her account like a hawk now, which was a good lesson for her.

I see nothing wrong with helping our kids when they come into the world, especially when they've been living in lala land, like my son. When he asks me for an opinion or what would you do (which I never thought would happen), I try to give advice I know will help him later and just recently helped him with rent for halfway house. Recovery is so wobbly, even for older people. They do sometimes need help learning how to operate in this world, most of which could care less about taking advantage of young and old.

I'm ready to ride. Let's go..............I've got Clyde ready, and he's bigger than ever

Love,
Bets
Old 01-08-2008, 05:19 AM
  # 50 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Bets?

Is that really you? Where ya been??????

Glad you're back.

Cats

PS Sorry to hijack the thread. We will now return to our regularly scheduled topic: Bank Manager: Career Path for Those With Control Issues.
Old 01-08-2008, 05:52 AM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by Lightenup View Post
They do sometimes need help learning how to operate in this world, most of which could care less about taking advantage of young and old.

I like the way you put that Bets (nice to see ya!), and I think that is why I chose to help.
I had help getting on my feet when I was young and far from perfect. I remember well feeling so grateful that I could go to my parents.
Regardless of our track record with addiction, I want my son to feel just as comfortable coming to me with "legitimate" problems.

I can't tell you what the support here had meant to me. For a moment this weekend I felt that I may be heading back down a path I swore I would not enter again.

Money is just that...money, but lessons can last a lifetime
(((Hugs)))
Old 01-08-2008, 07:13 AM
  # 52 (permalink)  

If I wasn't afraid of ruining my computer, I would be spitting nails. This thread infuriates me ~ even today, 13 years later.

We were a military family; we moved every two to three years ~ hence changed banks often.

This had NEVER happened in over twenty years, yet it did this time. We opened our new account at ~~~~~~yes, I will say the name. Seafirst National Bank. We were told that there would be a 14 day hold on new account deposits. That was ridiculous, we said ~ husband's pay would be directly deposited from the U.S. GOVERNMENT like clock work. Not much safer than that, I would think.

They had their policies! After much ado, and telling them that husband was the commanding officer of this ship, they agreed to not hold our deposits. First month, while husband was deployed ~ you got it, they held it. I marched into the bank, through a fit and they withdrew the hold. Second and third months, same thing. By the fourth month, I had had it. We were actually okay, but I was sick, thinking about the junior enlisted people on the ship (those that lived payday to payday) and told them that their policies stunk. I said we would be closing our account, the day my husband returned from sea. That was just fine with them.

When we went in to close our account ~ including a large savings account; we were whisked into a large conference room with donuts and coffee (LOL). Two managers were begging to know what would allow us to stay with them. We said nothing, you were fine with us leaving when I told you several weeks ago - you would make no allowances. Again, we told them of the struggle of junior military people ~ they don't care. GRRR

Sorry about the rant. I haven't thought of this for years, but my pulse is racing, once again.