Spilled Milk

Old 12-19-2007, 05:29 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Spilled Milk

SPILLED MILK

One evening, before we began attending [ ] Anonymous meetings, the addicted member of our family spilled his milk. Mom jumped to clean up the mess, younger brother rushed to refill the glass, Dad lectured on table manners, the dog looked guilty, and the addict blamed the glass manufacturer.

Denying, enabling, rescuing, and blaming had become so normal in our home that true ownership of feelings was non-existent.

My working of the [ ] program has been a slow process, learning to trust that all of my loved ones are capable of cleaing up their own spilled milk. It's been a taxing process of allowing them to spill as much milk as required and then to let them clean it up in their own way.

And its been a soul-searching process of sponging up my own spilled milk as well, a rewarding process of laughing, living, and loving my way through "gallons" of learning experiences.

TODAY I WILL give thanks for [ ] Anonymous, which teaches me that I am powerless over drugs, other people's lives, and spilled milk.

(Disclaimer: I'm not totally 'down' with everything the 12 step Organization this reading for today comes from, but I just love today's reading!! I also don't know if I"m violating copywrite laws or traditions, so I'll leave out the name of the 12 step group.)
Old 12-19-2007, 05:40 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Thank you! Great post!