4 AM Kitchen Fire......

Old 11-19-2007, 11:24 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Here's the name of a very good sinus medication, right over the counter.
It's an anti histamine, I use to give it to the sons when they were young before we went camping, so they wouldn't get poison ivy.

It's called Chlortrimeton.

No side effects, just gentle quick relief.

Hugs,
Old 11-19-2007, 12:20 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sorry this happened to you Kris, but glad it was not worse. Silvadene (sp?) cream works wonders to help with the burn. Also if you have an aloe plant handy that works really well too. I am like you, I can't use anything that has pseudophedrine in it. It makes me hyper and have crazy half-wake dreams. Hugs, Marle
Old 11-19-2007, 01:37 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

I'm doing much MUCH better now that I finally got some sleep. I never thought it would come!! The burns are minor....just hurt a little when the grease first hit but no blisters or anything so that's a good sign.

I'm certain the cold medicine had nothing to do with the fire. That would be more of my cooking skills or rather lack there of.......I just wouldn't have been up at that hour in the kitchen if I hadn't taken them.

It wasn't so funny though sorta kinda getting a glimpse into how that whole speed thing works. If I had to work today......which I didn't thank goodness, I would have had to taken more just to function through the work hours because with virtually no sleep I would have been a zombie at work. See the pattern?

I didn't purposely do this experiment, but it was definitely an eye opener of how easy it would be to fall into something like that and not even mean to.

Today as I do everyday, I pray for all our addicted loved ones and even those we don't know personally who struggle through this fight. :praying
Old 11-19-2007, 01:52 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I'm certain the cold medicine had nothing to do with the fire. That would be more of my cooking skills or rather lack there of.......I just wouldn't have been up at that hour in the kitchen if I hadn't taken them.
Kris,

Thanks for the explanation. I was really wondering what the sudafed had to do with the hamburger and grease fire.... you're supposed to take the pills with water and swallow them, NOT heat them up on the stove.

Wow. I was really darn confused for a few minutes.

I can't/don't take any medications with ephedrine or pseudo-ephedrine. That stuff makes me break out in a big bad rash, makes my heart race and my head spin. I can't IMAGINE wanting to do that to myself on purpose. (but then again, I'm not an addict...)

Glad you're feeling better.

Cats
Old 11-19-2007, 03:21 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

so u didn't burn the kichen down? i had it pictured with it burning & all the fire trucks. i am glad u r ok & the kitchen is still standing.hugs,