Yep Done...you rock
(((Hugs))))
Cece
Old 11-13-2007, 06:52 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
StrivingToThrive

Welcome,
Hi,
I am a mother of a 22 year old AS. I know the ups and downs of thinking they are okay and finding out they are not. such a roller coaster. this is a great group. they have so much to share.
when I first came here only 3 months ago, I had been in al-anon two months before that, and had been beginning to accept my sons addiction 4 months before that. So it was all pretty new to me.
I wanted to do everything everyone said all at once. .
But I learned that I had to decide what I wanted and what were my boundaries. but it sure helped seeing how others were handling things. I couldn't always do everything others did, But I always listened.
I remember feeling better when I heard the Al-anon message at a meeting, when you hear people share, " take what you liked and leave the rest." It was a peaceful feeling to know i could work on it one thing at a time.
Its a journey ahead, but people here understand, and are here for you. It all will help,
Prayers for you and your family.:praying
Old 11-13-2007, 09:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
New member seeking support

Hi all...I am having problems with my computer tonight...have tried to reply twice so hopefully third time is lucky.

Thank you to all who responded. I came here expecting (hoping) to get one or two responses for my plea for support and cried when I saw that I had 21 caring responses from people who have experienced the hell I am going through. To the person who has been clean for two years...perhaps you have found a calling...to help parents in this situation. No pressure, just a big thanks for sharing your story and I am glad you found your own path.

Each of your postings gave me something to think about, as well as acceptance and ideas. I promise I will consider carefully what everyone said. Mostly, (and I wish there was no need), I hope I can be as supportive to someone if needed in the future.

I will let you know how my Nar-anon meeting goes...it is Thursday night so we'll see. It is a bit of a leap for me, not one for meetings but the support I have received here spurs me on.

I am wiped so will sign off for now but will be back again soon.

Take care,