Fed Up

Old 11-01-2007, 01:59 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Fed Up

Im sorry really needing to vent again today. I posted yesterday regarding the death of a 45 year old friend heroine overdose. He was doing so well and one relapse and hes gone. Im angry he left behind a string of broken hearts, inpeticular his 20 year old son. Its really hit home because of my 20 AS. Eight months ago I buried my mother alcoholism she had five years sobriety in and only stopped because of cirrosis. The five years she did have sober were horrible sick all the time. Im lucky that I was not raised in an alcoholic enviroment. I despise drugs what it does to our loved ones. It is like my life has been consumed by them in the last four years. I think of my friend and it scares the heck out of me for my son. This was a man who had it all. I still dont understand why they push it too the very limit. He left behind a wonderful son, one who he will never see graduate, or marry. He left behind 2 parents who are broken hearted. It is like this drug takes hold of them and spits them out it controls every movement of there lives. Im sorry for going on and on I am just so broken hearted for this family and all the family of addicts. It's like they think one more time, but then it is the last time. I hate the drug dealers who dont use and live in there fancy homes with repeat clientelle. They are the scum of the earth. These addicts are our loved ones someones child, parent , friend. It has become an epedemic and alot of times the public only thinks " that person was just a junkie" the whole system makes me angry" I know the addict has to get better themselves, I know tough love is supposed to help but every day we hear of another sensless death.
Old 11-01-2007, 02:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I know Katie----addiction sucks. (((katie)))
Old 11-01-2007, 02:15 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Fatality may be the prognosis for cancer, stroke, etc. It is true with addiction as well. I've heard it said insanity, death or incarceration is usually the outcome of untreated addiction and your friend is once again the ugly reminder of this fact.
I am sorry for your loss and suffering. ((((((((KATIE))))))) Those of us who love addicts suffer little by little and sometimes we suffer greatly.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:45 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Substance addiction is truly one of the most powerful and destructive forces on earth. It tears through society like a tornado. The people who have not been touched by this have no idea. When I think about what we've been through and multiply it times the millions of people who have been affected it is frightening and depressing.
Old 11-01-2007, 03:46 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

addiction is very scary & it nothing we can do for them or about it. addiction is everywhere.it does not matter how rich you are,what race you are it is still a diease that we can not fight,only the person with it. i hate it also.it destroys lives & families, it does not matter who has it. it scares the heck out of me for my son,that is why i turn him over to my H.P....prayers,
Old 11-01-2007, 04:03 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

(((Katie))))
Drug addiction is a huge problem all over the world.

What amazes me is how times have changed...(or maybe I'm just getting old) you see an addict movie star on t.v. they're whisked away to rehab, and you never see any sentencing except house arrest, or 28 hours in jail....I guess money talks...

It's aggravating, and it's huge.
Old 11-01-2007, 04:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Addiction kills, that's the hard and sad truth and each time it happens it leave so many broken hearts.

I'm so sorry about your friend, Katie, and we all know he wasn't "just another junkie". He was a man with a problem that he couldn't beat, and who was loved by many, including you.

Sending prayers for all who loved him.

Hugs
Old 11-03-2007, 07:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((Katie))))))

Old 11-03-2007, 01:35 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

addiction is our terrorist