Did I do the right thing?

Old 10-31-2007, 05:12 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Administrator

Amy - You're awesome!

I hear what you are saying about waitresssing - it does pay good money while you are trying to find the next step. My daughter did that too...Now she is going back to school, working for less pay but out of the night shifts and into more meetings and a more structured lifestyle (which helps her...she is young) She struggled for a bit, felt that rejection you described (I encouraged her not to take it personally, reviewing resumes to pick who to interview is far from a science; but I know in my heart, if it was me, I'd also struggle with feeling rejected...such a codie trait) She's finding it easier to get interviews for the kind of work she is looking for now that she is in an office environment. She's blessed too...her boss (unfortunately this is only a temp position) adores her and is even writing letters of recommendation for her and hawking her resume.

I'm glad you are thinking about what will come next...shoot for the stars..you have HP navigating! Thanks for being such a good friend to your coworker...As by now you realize, you did the right thing. Hugs and prayers.
Old 10-31-2007, 05:16 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

next person gives ya some flack at work aske them what they would of done then aske why they didn't
your doing great kid!