Package it all up .. and tie it with a pretty little bow

Old 10-20-2007, 04:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

Package it all up .. and tie it with a pretty little bow

(found this on the net - did a change here and a change there .. added a bit of this and that and brought it here to share)
(break the bondage of codependency - Just Say No) ---Passion

Co-dependency means there is no boundary between you and your addicted loved one. Their problems are your problems.You will do anything to try to solve them. If your addict ask you for a favor, you will automatically say "yes" even though there's a voice screaming "NO!" in your head. You can't set boundaries.You'd rather have your feelings hurt than his/hers. You will do whatever he/she ask. You create a perfect little world .. protecting the addict from natural consequences, saving the addict from feeling the pain and burden of their addiction, rescue them from the 'fall' fix all their problems and cover up all the wrong doings - package it all up .. and tie it with a pretty little bow. You strive to make him/her happy. As long as he/she is happy .. then you are happy. Resentful, but never the less happy or are you really
Old 10-20-2007, 04:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Oh my, you were peeking in my windows and taking notes a few years back, yes?

Thinking I was happy? You know, for a long time that life just suited me until it began to go all wrong and I became sicker and sicker....not much different from how an addict reacts to drugs. What I thought was a good life was really a one-way ticket into hell.

That described me perfectly and I am so grateful that I don't resemble that at all today and I pray I never go back to that dark place again.

Thanks for the reminder.

Hugs
Old 10-20-2007, 05:28 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Yup. Same here. I can even remember thinking at one point how happy and grateful I was. I remember the night distinctly ... XAH had come home in a good mood, not bombed and belligerent, had been good with the kids, and had smoked his pot on the deck without inviting any of his drug buddies over. This made me feel peaceful, happy, and content with my life.
Things are not a piece of cake now ~ but I have learned that happiness is an enjoyable state of well being, not settling for the occasion drama/chaos free night and thinking thats all I deserved. And though my new life isn't perfect, it's mine and I no longer live vicariously through someone else.