Are You a Harvester?

Old 09-24-2007, 06:54 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
suffering is not a requirement

Talking Are You a Harvester?

Hello good people,
First off I'd like to say I really missed ya's. So huge hugs to all my F&F's of SA's.

What is a Harvester you might ask?
As for me, I'm am at best...a wanna be (maybe?).... harvester...

Please allow me to explain, if you will?
We all know them. Perhaps some of us are Harvesters and never realized it.There's no shame in being a harvester, some of my best friends are harvesters.

You might be a Harvester if:

Starting at your front door guests carefully remove their shoes (just in case you might decide to eat off your freshly washed, polished and buffed floors) on the new fall Welcome Mat that goes perfectly with the new Fall Wreath you just purchased at perhaps CVS? for 14.99? or K-mart? for 14.99?
You already have your pumpkin spice candles neatly and carefully distributed around your home.
Your pumpkin spice candles are surrounded with cute little candle ring holders that have some kind of fall foliage on them that of course match your cloth napkins, napkin holders and table cloths

Whereas you might be a a Non-Harvester (me)still has obvious signs of letting go of spring and summer and for that matter, last Christmas
( I'm still having trouble deciding whether I should take down the icicles or just leave them up for the coming Christmas).

your Pantry(yes, people actually have pantries!)is filled with approximatley 65 mason jars filled with assorted jams,jellies,pickles relishes,sauces etc..
A true harvester knows that it's essential to have canned preserves around for those unexpected,(uninvited) holiday guests who decide to drop in....
A harvester knows that all she/he has to do is slap...er...wrap a seasonally appropriate bow around it and WAHLAH! ...an instant gift that subtly but discreetly states...."I wasn't expecting you, nor were you invited and this wasn't espescially made with you in mind.... but...well aren't you just lucky I'm a harvester?"

Of course The canned preserves can also be harvested for those occasions when 'invited' guests come over, a harvester or the harvester's hired help can always whip up a batch of crepes, finger sandwiches, hor'dourves or some such culinary delights.

You might be a Harvester if :
You have a crystal candy dish(lid included) sitting on your coffee table filled with those nasty, chewy, sickening sweet 9.99 a lb? candy corned,pumpkin shaped candies and by the way are promptly removed by the stroke of midnight Oct 31st to be replaced by the Thanksgiving after dinner 8:00 mints.

A non harvester might throw about 10 different varieties of candy ~$1.00 for 10 pkgs of reeses,m&m's,twizzlers...all the good stuff)in a huge bowl(perhaps a festive black plastic one?)and most likely it will gobbled up all in one night by little non-harvesting goblins and their non harvesting mummies and daddies.

You might be a harvester if
you're wearing your rhinestone encrusted leaf circle pin with matching earrings already....

You're done your 2007 Christmas shopping and have already opened your 2008 Christmas Club account....

LOLZZZZ ALL in Good Fun....

So to all you Harvesters and Non harvesters

Which one might you be?

and Why?

HUGS TO ALL

Last edited by iamunique; 09-24-2007 at 07:02 AM. Reason: Not a true harvester
Old 09-24-2007, 07:34 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

Hey, Niqua. Miss ya too.

I want to be a harvester more than anything. If it weren't so friggin' hot here still.
WTF? It's gonna be October soon. I want my hot chocolate and crunchy leaves under my shoes. Gimme! Gimme!
Heck, we're almost ready to set up holiday merchandise. I need a month load o' cool nights first, Mother Nature. Bring it on.

I have about 25 long sleeved shirts, vests, and sweaters for Autumn and Halloween (my fave holiday, btw.) all hung up and ready to wear. Get wit' it, M.N. (mama nature)
Thanks for reminding me of the heat. lol
Love you,

Old 09-24-2007, 08:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Living in the light

Moi? A harvester? No way.
Done my Christmas shopping and have already opened my 2008 Christmas club account?
I'm in love with all Mother Nature's seasonal displays. It's the greatest show on earth. You'll find me out playing in the leaves not bringing them home. LOL
For Halloween night fun, you'll find me dressed up in one of my fun costumes wishing I was short enuf to blend in with the kids and go trick or treating! Love to see all the little goblins come to my door.
Yep, the big candy assortment goes in one bowl!! All my faves of course! I'm still a kid at heart.
munch munch munch.

Last edited by frankie_b; 09-24-2007 at 08:19 AM.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:04 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

I am sort of like Maxine. She is decidedly NOT a harvester.

Maxine is my hero.

BTW I think all Christmas shpopping should be done on December 24th...... unless it is cat toys.
Old 09-24-2007, 08:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I am a harvester....NOT.

I haven't even finished LAST year's Christmas shopping.

I'd just as soon you leave your shoes on so you don't notice your socks turning black when you walk on my "washed once upon a time" floors and I don't cover my furniture so you can take "memories of Toby" cat hairs with you when you leave.

There is no candy in my candy dish because I was hoping you might have brought a bag or three, and I broke the lid 4 years ago and really do plan on getting another one soon....can you break a tupperware lid?

But come on in, Queen 'Nique and we'll put our feet up and munch some freshly popped corn dripping in butter and wipe our royal hands on the sofa cushion (I can always turn it over, yes?)

Lordy, it's good to see you!!!!

Here, have some fall decorations!!!

Big Hugs for the Queen
Old 09-24-2007, 09:22 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Harvester?
Good gravy no.

I hardly decorate at all this time of year because mother nature does such a fine job in PA.

Nice to see you Nique
Old 09-24-2007, 09:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Its so good to see you! Hope all is well.
Old 09-24-2007, 11:20 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Geez, I thought my big problem was finding out "Who Am I"...now I know what I am definitely not..a Harvester!! (and my candy dish..without a lid..still has last Christmas candy in it...how bad is that!)
Hugs,
Susie
Old 09-24-2007, 12:59 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have been called many names in my lifetime..... but never a harvester.

Again, I am like Ann..... I haven't finished shopping for last Christmas.

Colleen
Old 09-24-2007, 01:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Im not but my wife is. all the spices in her pantry are alphabetically organized and her 1 billion pair of shoes have little polaroids taped to the outside of the box so she knows exactly which pair is inside. is that a Harvester or OCD. LOL
Old 09-24-2007, 01:49 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Not a harvester. Actually am more of a humbug Hugs, Marle
Old 09-24-2007, 02:59 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

I noticed today that the leaves are falling off the tress.
After they burst into from the heat.

I just want 1 cool night. waaah

If given the chance, I would never leave this spot...
Old 09-24-2007, 05:45 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((unique)))

You don't know how tickled I am to see you ...

I have a few fall decorations I put up every year. If I had more, I'd have to move more of the clutter lol.

No candy corn for me ... they rate right up there with peeps as far as I'm concerned. I'll take chocolate any day of the week and stock up for Halloween, even though we don't get any trick or treaters out in the boonies here. (boo hoo)

Fall's my very favorite time of the year, so maybe I have a bit of harvester in me.

love you bunches
Old 09-25-2007, 10:11 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

Oh dear God in heaven, do I have to close the pool already!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 09-25-2007, 11:45 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Harvester? No not me. I'm not too into fall or Halloween (the chocolate is good though). Fall tells me Christmas is just around the corner though!!! I'm already planning my baking and it helps 'cuz up here Thanksgiving is 2 weeks away!
As for the pool and hot weather that left a month ago. I was in the mountains on the weekend and it was SNOWING!
Old 09-25-2007, 01:47 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Wait....I still have LAST year's exotic metal-leaves-autumn-centerpiece on the table, and I think there are still pumpkin shards in the yard from then...does that count?
Old 09-25-2007, 01:51 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

I've been really busy so haven't had time to respond, but I'm a harvester wannabe. That means I still have some decorations up from July 4th, and actually a bit of greenery and a light or 2 from Christmas...

and I keep wanting to buy new holiday stuff from all the cute magazines I get. BUT I have at least a box or 2 of previously purchased "cute holiday stuff" that I could put up if I could just FIND the boxes in the basement!

I need Martha Stewart AND that extreme makeover guy to come here. Soon.

Hugs
Cluttered Cats

PS Queen Nique, it's good to see ya!
Old 09-26-2007, 07:50 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Alright, I confess, I WANT to be a Harvester.
I DO have boxes marked with all different seasons,
and if I'm lucky, I actually OPEN the boxes and pull out some seasonal decor.

IMO, Harvestors are really organized people and somehow I seem to be living life by the seat of my pants....

But, I do have alot of homemade seasonal artifacts I've made through the years...
Now if I could just find them.

My problem is...don't you have to clean the window on the door the wreath goes on first?
That kind of puts a damper on it for me....

Perhaps I'm a Roseanne Barr type of Harvestor?
Old 09-26-2007, 08:18 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by iamunique View Post
Hello good people,
First off I'd like to say I really missed ya's. So huge hugs to all my F&F's of SA's.

What is a Harvester you might ask?
As for me, I'm am at best...a wanna be (maybe?).... harvester...

Please allow me to explain, if you will?
We all know them. Perhaps some of us are Harvesters and never realized it.There's no shame in being a harvester, some of my best friends are harvesters.

Starting at your front door guests carefully remove their shoes (just in case you might decide to eat off your freshly washed, polished and buffed floors) on the new fall Welcome Mat that goes perfectly with the new Fall Wreath you just purchased at perhaps CVS? for 14.99? or K-mart? for 14.99?
You already have your pumpkin spice candles neatly and carefully distributed around your home.
Your pumpkin spice candles are surrounded with cute little candle ring holders that have some kind of fall foliage on them that of course match your cloth napkins, napkin holders and table cloths

Whereas you might be a a Non-Harvester (me)still has obvious signs of letting go of spring and summer and for that matter, last Christmas
( I'm still having trouble deciding whether I should take down the icicles or just leave them up for the coming Christmas).

your Pantry(yes, people actually have pantries!)is filled with approximatley 65 mason jars filled with assorted jams,jellies,pickles relishes,sauces etc..
A true harvester knows that it's essential to have canned preserves around for those unexpected,(uninvited) holiday guests who decide to drop in....
A harvester knows that all she/he has to do is slap...er...wrap a seasonally appropriate bow around it and WAHLAH! ...an instant gift that subtly but discreetly states...."I wasn't expecting you, nor were you invited and this wasn't espescially made with you in mind.... but...well aren't you just lucky I'm a harvester?"

Of course The canned preserves can also be harvested for those occasions when 'invited' guests come over, a harvester or the harvester's hired help can always whip up a batch of crepes, finger sandwiches, hor'dourves or some such culinary delights.

You might be a Harvester if :
You have a crystal candy dish(lid included) sitting on your coffee table filled with those nasty, chewy, sickening sweet 9.99 a lb? candy corned,pumpkin shaped candies and by the way are promptly removed by the stroke of midnight Oct 31st to be replaced by the Thanksgiving after dinner 8:00 mints.

A non harvester might throw about 10 different varieties of candy ~$1.00 for 10 pkgs of reeses,m&m's,twizzlers...all the good stuff)in a huge bowl(perhaps a festive black plastic one?)and most likely it will gobbled up all in one night by little non-harvesting goblins and their non harvesting mummies and daddies.

You might be a harvester if
you're wearing your rhinestone encrusted leaf circle pin with matching earrings already....

You're done your 2007 Christmas shopping and have already opened your 2008 Christmas Club account....

LOLZZZZ ALL in Good Fun....

So to all you Harvesters and Non harvesters

Which one might you be?

and Why?

HUGS TO ALL

OMG ITS ME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
LOL
That is so funny I just purchased my new home because it has a pantry!!! I was raised on a farm so I have a garden and help my parents with theirs, when I moved so did milk crates in each crate was 6 bottles. I moves 65 milk crates with 6 mason jars in each one, you do the math! I love walmart I get the better smelling candles there they are so much more for the value, I hate saying that btw, I make my own as well as soaps as well, I scrapbook.............yeppers I am a harvester....lol btw I have already started shopping for christmas 2008( yes NEXT year!)
Old 09-26-2007, 09:29 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

lol btw I have already started shopping for christmas 2008( yes NEXT year!)
Um... that's just not right. LOL