We met again.........

Old 09-19-2007, 09:20 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Cool We met again.........

Well, here goes another long story but hopefully one that others can learn from. As most know, I haven't had contact with my daugther since she checked herself out of Detox about a month ago. Well, the other night a car pulls in my driveway and it is my daughter and her boyfriend and they have come to take the grandchildren back. Not far behind them were the police who my daughter had called to assist her in getting the children. Of course, I fight tooth and nail for these kids...especially since I know her lifestyle and the police kept telling me that I had to give her the children. Ok..time to pull out the big guns (no pun intended).

I told the police that her and her boyfriend are known drug dealers in this area and I am requesting that their car and home be searched before I allow her to take the kids. Of course, the police said they have to have probable cause as if me telling them wasn't enough. So, I called a friend of mine who is also in the police force and told him what was going down....he is aware of my daughters situation and therefore he talked the Chief into allowing a a drug dog to come and see if he detects any drugs in the car. The dog shows up and low and behold there are drugs in the car. But..because the boyfriend said that they are his, he was the only one who went to jail. Of course this enraged my daughter even more but enraged her enough that she just walked away without the children!! I think this was because she realizes if she doesn't get off my property and out of my site, her home will be the next thing that I get raided!!

I am still trying to work with the attorney to get custody, I do not have a lot of faith in the one that I have been talking to...he doesn't take or return my calls..but..beleive me..i am on a fast track to get this done!!
Old 09-19-2007, 09:51 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
On a tear

So sorry you have to walk through this. Sending prayers for all involved. ((hugs))
Old 09-19-2007, 10:28 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

(((Trisha))) God bless you. Can your friend at the Police Station help? Can this person offer you some advice on how to get things moving? Can you get a restraining order? At least keep her from your home? It is like grasping at straws.

The system sucks! My goodness it is unbelievable how they stand behind them and offer nothing to those kids other then you have to send them with her. Thank God you were quick on your toes and got that stopped. Those poor kids. God Bless you Trisha. I will say lots of prayers someone returns your call.

-Broken
Old 09-19-2007, 12:44 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

Oh my God it sounds like a movie!
I hope all goes well with getting custody and I will pray your daughter finds recovery
Old 09-19-2007, 01:59 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sorry you had to go through that..but good for you for standing up to them an fighting for those kids. Way to go..
Old 09-19-2007, 03:07 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

(((((Trish)))))

You remind me of something one of my college professors said once.."There will come a time in your life when you must take a stand."

You did it. Good for you.
Old 09-20-2007, 04:10 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I hope i did the right thing........

I don't feel what I did was part of the "Hands off the Addict" but she left me no other choice. Orginally when I seen them pull in my driveway I was just going to act like I wasn't home...it wasn't until I see the police car did I have to think quickly. My first thought was to run out the back door with the kids and have my husband lie...but..then I though..I don't want to keep running from this. It was only when I seen her eyes that I knew she was messed up again and these children would not be safe going anywhere with her or her loser drug dealing boyfriend. The night after all this happened, I started receiving death threats via telephone and I know she is behind it all. I am very ...seriously ...worried about our safety after her boyfriend gets out of jail. My husband is picking up a friends gun so that we can keep it in the house..i am hoping this gun comes in some type of locked box!!

I have been keeping in contact with the officer that I know in order to find out when this guy will be released. Because I fear for my safety and the safety of the kids, I had to do a little detective work to find out where both my daughter and him had been staying. It appears that they have been staying at the local hotels in the area....selling drugs from there. We have yet to find where my daughter is staying since her means of money is locked up. Once this guy is out, they are going to raid his hotel room in order to put him away for even longer. I know I am not suppose to get involved but I will stoop to any level to protect my family.

On a more happier note, I will be finished my Associated Degree this Saturday with a 3.98 average!! Yay me!! Sunday we are taking my two sons to Dover for the Nascar race and my daughter and grandchildren will be staying with my sister. And...the following weekend is my daughter's big day...Her Sweet 16 party. We have had wonderful responses and it appears that 88 people will be coming!! I still have tons to do...like the food..but..for the most part...i am ready to party!!

Thanks everyone for everything. I will get through this and my grandchildren will lead a happy and productive life!!
Old 09-20-2007, 05:52 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thumbs up

I feel you did the right thing, those kids come first at all costs~! The 'system' is messed up, but there are some who will listen and help. I admire you for taking care of the babies. You will be blessed.
love and prayers,
susan
Old 09-21-2007, 12:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

I totally interpret things to suit me.....and I feel like ok...it's hands off the addict until I have to accomplish something. And in your case..I believe it didn't apply because you were acting in the interest of those children, not doing it to interfere in the addicts life just to be interfering.

Bless you for watching over those children. They are lucky to have you
Old 09-21-2007, 04:30 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Great Job!

I'm so happy to see someone have the guts to stick up for the kids who are the innocent ones here. I wish more people involved with addicts would do likewise.

May God continue to bless you and those kids and your efforts to gain custody!
Old 09-28-2007, 10:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Don't just call the police, contact social services also. During an open case you may be able to get a CASA assigned to your grandchildren. www.CASA.org

My thoughts and prayers are with you.