rehab question

Old 09-18-2007, 11:02 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

rehab question

Does anyone know if there are treatment/rehab programs that offer financial assistance? Not sure where to start inquiring.

Just hoping there could be some way of getting help if and when my sister wants it.
She tried quitting cold turkey last time and did a geographical to get away from the using friends. As we know, that doesn't help later on with the issues behind the addiction.

Once my parents start setting the boundaries, I'd like info. to share with them if my sister decides to want to help herself.

Thanks for any info. or suggestions.
Old 09-19-2007, 04:37 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

The Salvation Army programs cost nothing and are very good and available in most areas.

Any program is about as good as the participants willingness to get clean and stay clean, but the above program has a higher than average success rate of people who get well and stay well.

Hugs
Old 09-19-2007, 09:01 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

alot of programs offer assistance, but many do not. You really just have to look at them individually. I have found many however that have 'scholarship' money available or will work with you based on what your insurance will offer.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:14 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Salvation army is an excellent program. AA/NA meetings are free and people there may have recommendations as well. Success of a program is entirely dependent on the individuals willingness to do the work. Just run a search on google of rehab programs in your area. Pick up the phone and start calling. Good luck.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:53 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
On a tear

There is a not for profit rehab in our area that takes a certain number of "state medical" patients each month. You have to get on a list, and it means waiting... which is difficult when an addict is first clean and sober.

But the SA is a good resource and each rehab should be able to talk to you about payment options.
Old 09-19-2007, 09:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you!
I hope my sister comes home soon! She's been gone 4 days now and that's the longest time so far. It breaks my heart that my niece doesn't even ask where she is. It's almost as if she just knows that her mom is out and she's taken care of by the rest of the family.