Daughter/Grandchild update

Old 09-10-2007, 08:32 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Living in a Pinkful Place

Daughter/Grandchild update

Well the computer issues seemed to have erased my post on the "Spoke too soon on Parent's Check-In" thread" that I started last week (my former pre-recovery self could have been very offended by this, but since mine wasn't the only one lost - I'm ok - lol - It's not about me!!!! lol )

True to the insanity of this disease and their pattern, the BF let her come back home - same drama, different day.

As we know it is never just one thing at a time - Had a really tough day with it on Saturday - other daughters, other issues, other grandchildren in emotional pain. Had to just take some time that day to feel the frustration, cry the tears and isolate for self-care.

Today is better. Haven't talked to either daughter today and sometimes that is just what we have to do. Sometimes distance is what is best for us.

This week will be a getting thru it week and the weekend will be ALL for RITA. Going to a Women's HUGS (Hope, Unity, Gratitude, Serenity) retreat for women in recovery (AA, NA, Al-Anon). As always, God has timed it perfectly. Just what I need to take care of me.

Praying that each of you are blessed with Serenity & Joy,
Rita
Old 09-10-2007, 09:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
On a tear

Sounds like a wonderful conference - please be sure to post about it after, too!

(((hugs))) (((Rita)))
Old 09-11-2007, 09:59 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

on my mind

Hi Rita,
You've been on my mind. Hope you are doing well. Prayers still going for you and yours. I understand.
susan
Old 09-11-2007, 10:05 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
let it grow!

been thinking about you also, rita. prayers out, k