Am I a bad Mother?

Old 08-27-2007, 08:28 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Hug giver-outer!

If you are a bad mother, then we all are, those of us whose children are addicts! And I don't think so!

Now that I am talking to my AD, I love her and I've missed her but I still tread slowly. The trust that she destroyed with her family is something that may take a very long time to heal but in the meantime we progress in baby steps along the way.

The behavior of addiction is horrible but it's not meant to be personal, although telling someone on the receiving end that is very difficult. I know how it feels and how they act and what they say does hurt. But the substances are in control and the person saying those things to you is not your child; the person you knew.

Pray that he finds the right path but he will only find it in his own way and in his own time.

I hate to ask this but are you positively sure that the gf is not a user? Just wondering. Remember, what you give to her to help probably does not stay with her.

It's hard, I know but you will get there.

Old 08-28-2007, 06:19 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thank You all for your many responses. You don't know what it means to me to be able to talk about this.
I do pray every day for my as and ad to find their way home again.
No, I can't be totally positive that as's gf is not a user. I've only been told that fact.
She doesn't seem to be enjoying their relationship at this time nor having an easy pregnancy.
Marteen, I'm pretty sure she did give the money to as.