OT - Texas friends

Old 08-16-2007, 04:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

OT - Texas friends

Hi, Everyone....I've missed all of you very much (this is Barbdee not Mr). Our SS who just graduated college, just got a job in Dallas, TX. We expected him to end up in "tinseltown", since he is a film computer animator, but the cost of living there was ridiculous and he had to turn down the one offer he got.
Anyway, was wondering if I could PM any friends from the area. I still consider you all my friends...hope that's okay. I would have never made it through the ordeal of AS's crack prob without all of you.
BTW, RAS is doing great. As president of his Oxford House, he's responsible for all the region's houses, along with the other presidents in that chapter. Well last night they all had to go to one of the houses and drug test everyone....seemed they ALL might have been using, which totally negates any advantage of an Oxford House. I don't know what happened yet, but I'm sure it's this type of responsibility that is keeping him clean. And his new job which is quite intense and demanding. He's keeping up though and even doing extra work to make brownie points. Which leads me to one last question....should I hope for a wife and family for him or because he was once an addict, that would not be something I should wish for...ever?
Hugs to all, Barb
Old 08-16-2007, 04:54 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

so good to see you barbie, i have wondered about you. i do not live near texas but i would love to meet you if i did. i am glad your son is doing good. do i think he should get married & have children? yes i do but in time, not any time soon.i think he needs to live life on lifes terms & see how that goes after rehab. he is still young & so are you so he has plenty of time. thanks for dropping by & giving an update. you sound good. hugs, hope
Old 08-16-2007, 07:25 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

Glad things are going so well for youand the whole family Barb...sounds great! As to what is next in your son's life...I think anything is possible and my hope and wish for him is that he finds just what he seeks in life that will make him happy. Hugs
Old 08-16-2007, 07:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

((Barbdee))

As you can see, anything is possible. I'm so glad your son is finding his way, and the other one, you must be very proud!

B
Old 08-16-2007, 08:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
krhea75

So glad to hear your son is doing well! Gives the rest of us hope!
krhea
Old 08-17-2007, 05:44 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

HI There Barbdee...nice to hear from you and even nicer to hear things are going so well.
As others have said, I believe that anything is possible once one embraces recovery.

On a side note...spouses and kids are over rated
(that was a little joke I thought I'd throw in...haha)
Old 08-17-2007, 01:32 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
On a tear

I'm glad MY alcoholic parents decided to meet and have children... smile.

HP has your son - and will bring him exactly what he needs... and might bring you a gift or three as a bonus! (See my diaper derby thread for MY bonus...grin)

Wishing you the best....
Old 08-17-2007, 03:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by BigSis View Post
I'm glad MY alcoholic parents decided to meet and have children... smile.

HP has your son - and will bring him exactly what he needs... and might bring you a gift or three as a bonus! (See my diaper derby thread for MY bonus...grin)

Wishing you the best....
You called me another little sis when I first joined the forum. I have alchoholic parents, grandparents and great-grandparents. So I know what you mean.

Genetically, I feel we have as much to offer as prob folks. In fact, the IQ level of Irish-american immigrant families is well above the norm. I just wanted to point out that some addiction tendencies are genetic, but you are born into what you need to learn.
I'm still learning.....
Love, Barbdee
Old 08-17-2007, 04:31 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hi Barb,
I have missed you. Glad things are going well for your family. Your HP and theirs are really looking over you, all of you. Your RAS will have the life his HP has planned for him, so anything is possible.
Would love to hear from you, Take care my friend.
Hugs coming to you
Old 08-18-2007, 07:02 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Thanks to everyone

I got some terrific advise on Dallas TX and it was great to hear from all of you again.
Keep me in mind if you have any more Pennsy/Jersey get togethers, would love to see everyone again or meet you in person, those that couldn't make it last time.
Also hear there are other Philly area members now too.
Still keeping you all in my prayers.
Hugs, Barb