Pray for ras... please

Old 08-12-2007, 09:16 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pray for ras... please

Ras seems to be doing well. Before I go any further, let me say that what I have ended up doing in light of the news I heard of her potential relapse is that I have continued to be supportive. I have made gentle comments to remind her that I am here if she needs me, and I have said subtle things to open her up to conversations about her supposed relapses, but she hasn't taken me up on them, and I haven't pushed it. She clearly does not want me to be any more involved than I am, or she would be pulling me in further. And I am glad that I am not being pulled any further in... I don't ask her about her recovery, other than the occasional "how are ya feeling." If she wants to confide in me, that's great, I'll be the best sister I can... but I'm not going to waste any more energy trying to figure out how what she is or isn't doing and how I should or shouldn't protect myself... it is what it is, and it will be what it will be, so I might as well enjoy what I can, right?

Anyways... she was in a car accident a year ago where she severely injured her face. She was wearing sunglasses, and the lens popped out and jabbed her around her eye, leaving a deep, large, and round cut that circled her eye, if that makes sense. Thankfully she broke no bones that were important to her keeping her vision in that eye, but apparently there was something or other left in her wounds that the doctor missed somehow... because Monday morning at 11 am she is having surgery to remove whatever is left in the scarred area that is causing her pain. There's a big bump in that area, so it is painfully obvious that something is there. No one seems to know if it is glass, a bone fragment, or what... but whatever it is, it is coming out tomorrow. So please remember her over the next few days, as I can't help but feel a twinge in the back of my mind that worries that she might find something else to be addicted to.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:38 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((ladyamalthea))))

Good thoughts and prayers going out for your sis and you too. I hope her surgery is a success.. Still dahlin' take care of you
Old 08-13-2007, 01:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

My prayers for your sister also, that her surgery goes well and her recovery is safe.

Hugs
Old 08-13-2007, 04:07 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

my prayers are with your sister that she will be ok. prayers for you too.hugs,
Old 08-13-2007, 04:13 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Sending prayers for your sister, Lady. You sound like you are handling things nicely. Hugs, Marle
Old 08-13-2007, 04:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

My prayers for your sister, and for you.

B
Old 08-13-2007, 05:13 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thank you for your recent posts. I really admire your ability to detach. It is inspirational to me. I am very proud of you. Has your mother made any progress in this area? Didn't you recently say she was freaking out a bit? Prayers for your sis!!
Old 08-13-2007, 06:04 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
krhea75

Prayers for you and your sister.
krhea
Old 08-13-2007, 06:16 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
On a tear

((((Sister)))))) Lady - your recovery is shining bright.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
let it grow!

prayers, k
Old 08-13-2007, 06:32 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Sending prayers.
Old 08-13-2007, 06:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

prayers for you and your sister!
susan
Old 08-13-2007, 03:39 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Lady, How did you get to be so smart? ( :
You know when I read your posts I gain so much insight as to how I should be handling my AD. The things that you say really have an impact on me. The fact that you are not going to be anymore involved than she wants you to be. Just to ask how she is feeling and don't push for more indepth answers. Stop focusing on what she is and isn't doing, how you should or shouldn't protect yourself. It is what it is, and it will be what it will be no matter what you do. You are choosing to step away and let life happen. I realized when I read that.......that is exactly what I need to do. I know I have heard it all before, but maybe just the way you said it that it struck a nerve with me. I don't know what it is. It's like the light bulb thing. Just maybe I'm starting to get it. Just like the addict.......something finally tells you exactly what you need to do. Thank you for helping me to see the light today.

Hoping your sister's surgery went well and she is on the mend.

Blessings on you and your family.............Lois