I need u to pray for my husband

Old 08-08-2007, 03:46 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need u to pray for my husband

My husband and I separated 3 weeks ago due to his drug addiction and his abusive behavior towards me. He has since went into a treatment program. He was ordered into the program by the court after he was arrested for stealing from his mother. He will be in treatment for 28 days by the court order but his mother and I are hoping he stays in treatment for as long as he needs it and 28 days isn't long enough. Please pray for him and our marriage, that he will get clean and we can rebuild our marriage.
Old 08-08-2007, 04:00 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Welcome, I hope this treatment program will be the answer.

In the mean time, work on you, this is a perfect time to attend meetings and start your recovery from codependency.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:12 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

welcome to S.R. stick around,pull up a chair & read around. read "what addicts do",the sticky at the top of the forum.there is alot of information here.the addict in my life is my son.others be along in awhile to welcome you also.i will say a prayer for your husband,you & his mom. the road with an addict can be very hard & long. prayers that he will be ok.
Old 08-08-2007, 05:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wilson,
Welcome to SR.
The addict in my life is my exhusband. I've been thru the rehab thing with him before..I know how draining it all can be.
Please take this time to get some rest...I'll bet your exhausted...
Stick around...this is a great place to learn about addiction and 'our' disease of codependence.
Old 08-08-2007, 06:48 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Welcome, Wilson, I'm glad you joined us. Please make yourself comfortable and take a read around.

My prayers go out for your husband, and also for you and his mother. Addiction truly is a family disease and we all know the pain of watching someone we love destroy themselves.

Stick around, there are lots of people here who have been where you are and we truly do understand.

Hugs
Old 08-09-2007, 07:38 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
grateful rca

welcome wilson, you and your family are in my prayers with a special prayer for your husband. the addict in my life is my husband and i've been through this rehab thing too. you've been given so good advice, try to focus on you now. your husbands recovery depends on him and the choices that he will make.
Old 08-09-2007, 08:17 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
let it grow!

nice to meet you, wilson - keep posting. my daughter is an alcoholic/addict in the first year of recovery and alanon meetings really help me. blessings, k
Old 08-09-2007, 07:32 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

Welcome Wilson...I'm saying a prayer for your husband, you and the family that you all find the recovery you need. Have you and his mom attended any Alanon or naranon meetings? Now while he is in treatment would be a great time to start focusing on you. Hugs
Old 08-09-2007, 08:27 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Hug giver-outer!

Prayers going out that you and his HP will lead the way down a better path. While he is working on HIS recovery, keep working on yours.

Old 08-09-2007, 08:40 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
krhea75

Wilson,
Hang in there, you are doing the right thing. Just get through each day, that's all God asks us to do. My addict is my son so I somewhat understand the pain and confusion.
krhea