Celebrate YOU!!!!

Old 07-31-2007, 09:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Administrator

Celebrate YOU!!!!

I have been thinking about you all so much in recent days.

Monday was one of those "significant" b-days.

My daughter and husband had been in all kinds of secret conversations over the past couple of weeks...I have been trying not to let the investigative skills I have developed via my job and sharpened via addiction and codie-ism make me sneak and peak. I've enjoyed the fact that the 2 of them, never close, were working together for something.

So Friday night I came to the mountain house and several of my best friends from college and siblings from far away who I don't get to see often enough, were there to surprise me. It was wonderful. My daughter made it a celebration of life rather than the normal "significant B-day" stuff. She asked my loved ones to answer some questions about things they know about me. The most precious thing was finding out the wonderful, loving feelings people have....I guess I never quite realized that one...no correction, that I... could receive such a demonstration of love and appreciation while alive; and certainly never thought so many amazing and wonderful folks who I love beyond words would express those thoughts to me...do you know what I mean? It was embarassing and humbling and beautiful and sweet...all at the same time.

The things that amazed me most were questions my daughter asked them to "fill in the blanks" about describing me. Hearing the words "strong, graceful, unflappable, tough, inspirational, resilient and feminine strength" made me realize I have grown and that I have something to offer the world. Learning that the answer most often given to the thing they like most about me is integrity made me so grateful! And hearing that the thing I do better than anyone is "smile because it lights up her face" made me smile and warmed my heart. I always hated my pumpkin face and big smile...now I found out it is something people like...wow!!!

And all that made me think of all of you. Have I told you enough how much you all inspire me; how strong you are; how loving...you are definitely loving or you would never be here!....how remarkable...awesome...fantastic...amazing...beaut iful...loyal...just so incredibly special you are? Do you understand how much you are loved and how many people think you are the best? Well you are the best!!!!! Here are my hugs and please send the hug forward to someone else you love. Thank you for being here; thank you for the love and support you have given me and so many others. I truly love you all!!!

I want to share several pics, but I don't want to mess with anyone elses' anonymity...so I will just share how those folks I love told me for the day I was a "princess." Love you!

Old 07-31-2007, 10:06 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

What a lovely family you have to make your day so special...as fitting for the special person you are! From your picture this special B'day, whatever it is, you've still got it all goin' on. I love this happy story about happy family times for a change.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

What a radiant picture, Greet. And Happy Birthday. I am happy that your daughter, husband and friends make it such a special day full of special memories. Hugs, Marle
Old 08-01-2007, 03:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Cool

happy b-day! it is so wonderful to be able to be in a place,like you are, to have family and friend tell you and show you how they feel about you and how you affect them. congrats on all the progress you have made and the inspiration that you offer others here is not lacking by far. i am so glad to be on this trip with you and all the others here iit is truely wonderful. and by the way you have a wonderful smile.
Old 08-01-2007, 03:42 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I can think of nobody more worthy of those wonderful descriptions than you, Greet.

You light up these boards with your inspiration and courage and serenity, and I think that tiara on your birthday picture should be solid gold encrusted with diamonds. You are a beautiful lady, inside and out.

Happy Birthday indeed, we are all grateful you were born.

Hugs
Old 08-01-2007, 03:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

oh....how special that made you feel. i can see it in your eyes & smile. what a wonderful smile. i am glad i am here to share your day with you. i love you too, greet. hugs,
Old 08-01-2007, 04:45 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

What a wonderful post!
(It's so nice to match your face to your words....)

I am so happy that your day was special and that you felt loved (I can't think of anyone here more deserving!)
Old 08-01-2007, 04:59 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Greet!

What a FABULOUS post/story and yes! It is truly a very radiant/beautiful/gorgeous picture! Thank you so much for sharing this. It's left me with a great big smile on my face and in my heart. Talk about a snap shot moment that you want to pack away carefully to savor until your last breath! What a blessing. You are definitely deserving of all of this....the grace and beauty that you bring to living shines everywhere!

Lots of love,Donna
Old 08-01-2007, 05:17 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

What a happy smile!! SO glad you had a wonderful b'day!!!
Old 08-01-2007, 05:17 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oh how beautiful you are Greet---all around beautiful, inside and out. ((((Greet))))
Old 08-01-2007, 06:06 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday Greet. You are truly a beautiful person inside and out.
Old 08-01-2007, 06:12 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Happy Birthday!!! You look great!!
Old 08-01-2007, 03:17 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Happy birthday Greet! It is nice to put a beautiful face with all of those beautiful posts. You are a real gift to the people that love you.

Lois
Old 08-01-2007, 03:35 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

You deserved every bit of the attention! Great photo and lovely smile!!
Old 08-01-2007, 05:30 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

((Greet))

Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday to You
Happy Birthday dear Greet
Happy Birthday to You

Sang out loud (as I typed) loudly and way out of tune.

We love you too Greet

B
Old 08-01-2007, 06:51 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Well well Greet
Another B day
How totally sweet

So you turned 40 ish
Hope you got
An awesome wish

I understand
You tried to spy
Megan & hubby
Had to lie

They had your friends
Gather together
You all lucked out
With wonderful weather

There is no way
Greet could frown
On your head
You sport a crown

You have a smile
Beautiful & bright
Upon your face
It shines light

Friends came from
Near & far
Just to show
How special you are

So sorry I missed
Your B Day dude
Hope you don't think
I'm totally rude
Old 08-01-2007, 07:00 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
krhea75

Happy birthday, Greet! Thanks for all your words of wisdom.
krhea
Old 08-02-2007, 05:39 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((Greet)))))))

You are 1 Hot Mama!

Significant
Love ya,
Linda