Treatment options for son

Old 07-30-2007, 10:42 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Treatment options for son

Anyone have experience with Aspen Academy in Utah for their teen? This is what is being recommended for my son by his therapist.

I am also looking for recommendations for a longer stay treatment program 6-9 month type.

My son is a reg user of pot, and is taking other substances - not sure if "Addicted" and he has been caught buying x with the intent to sell.

thank you
Old 07-30-2007, 10:50 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

welcome to S.R. i am glad you have found us. i do not know anything about aspen, maybe another can tell you about it. there is alot of info here. your son is an addict,i can tell you that. i am glad his therapist is seeking help for him. i just hope he is ready to accept it. i am also the mother of an addict son. i know the road ahead of you if he is not ready to quit using.read all the post & read the stickys at the top of the forum"what addicts do". i will say a prayer for your son & you too.
Old 07-30-2007, 12:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
On a tear

I looked at their website, and didn't see anyting too alarming. It does not seem to be targeted toward addicts, but to troubled teens in general.

It may, indeed, be what he needs... but as I found from my kids going to multiple rehabs, sometimes it can be what he or she needs and still not be a "cure" or a "final solution".

If it gives him good life skills that he can use - I can't see that going there is any harm.

I wish you the best.

(((hugs)))