Walking Together...

Old 04-30-2013, 06:55 PM
  # 41 (permalink)  

Thank you I needed to read this today.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:12 AM
  # 42 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Welcome Nana, I am so happy to have you join is as we walk.
Old 05-01-2013, 04:33 AM
  # 43 (permalink)  

Wonderful inspirational words Ann, for sharing.
Old 06-17-2013, 06:05 PM
  # 44 (permalink)  

Thank you. My husband and I are just beginning this journey and it's hard to know where to begin.
Old 07-07-2013, 04:28 AM
  # 45 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Amazing!
My Higher Power always seems to lead me to what I need to hear!

I popped in, and look what I found....
A post that tells me I'm not alone in my fight for MY recovery.
A post that says move forward silly gal! Step forward and don't look back!

Can't start my morning with anything better than that.
Old 07-07-2013, 08:45 AM
  # 46 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((Moose)))

We've walked together, you and I, for over 10 years now, and I can't think of anyone I would rather have walk beside me than you.

Good times and bad, on SR and in real life on codie vacations, we have walked so far...but it's not about how far we have come, it's about how we have grown along the way, sharing our laughs and sharing our tears and most of all sharing our cheesecake.

Love you lots, it's good to see you.

Hugs and Hugs
Old 07-08-2013, 01:04 PM
  # 47 (permalink)  

i love both of you, ann & moose.this journey is far from over for me. i do not come as often as i would like too.life is hard & without this site i would still be in the darkness. thank you both & all of my other friends that are still here or just pop in once in awhile. i walk in the "light" & i face the truth everyday.
Old 07-08-2013, 03:00 PM
  # 48 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((Hope))) Miss you too and pray for you and your family every day.
Old 07-10-2013, 05:58 PM
  # 49 (permalink)  

Love this and sometimes I do feel alone when at work or talking to friends that no one understands but here is a place I can come to for comfort and advice or just to vent and know that someone else on here knows exactly what I'm talking about and what I'm feeling. Thank you
Old 07-21-2013, 01:41 PM
  # 50 (permalink)  

I really enjoyed reading this.
Old 07-21-2013, 04:34 PM
  # 51 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Another member today shared that her son called her the worst mother in the world. I told her she couldn't possibly be, that I had held that title for years and had the trophy to prove it.

The truth is, we are wonderful mothers who love our kids enough to let go and let them find their own way. We love them enough to give them space to find their own path and to make their own choices, however bad those choices may be...and learn from them and grow.

So a special serving of cheesecake for the mamas today, being a mama isn't for wienies.

Old 08-09-2013, 10:11 PM
  # 52 (permalink)  

When is it ok to not be able to walk with the addict? I married dh in 1990, first 10 years he drank heavily which led to cocaine and crack. Then he got hep c and quit drinking however a few years later he injured his back & has been hooked on opiates since. We have been through 3 rehabs together, I have stood by him while he lost job after job, lost a home, told lie after lie, even when it wasn't about the pills. He is a pathological liar. (I say that with love, because I do love him) I am so depressed and upset, he even stole my dying mothers pain meds, she was on for cancer and she had alzheimers, he had me believing, (almost) that I didn't see what I saw. I need a break, I want a separation, he has never followed thru on meetings, or sponsors, and I cant be his everything anymore. I want a separation while he sees if he is really willing to work the program, he says im running. Mind you I have been with him since I was 15. Its been 29 years, Am I out of line for needing some peace? I have no interest in anyone else, I just need out of the daily manipulation.
Old 08-26-2013, 07:17 AM
  # 53 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

It's good to step back sometimes, or to put some space between you while you both decide how you would like the future to play out.

It's okay to leave, as hard and sad as it may be, to choose to remain in a home with active addiction will bring you much more unhappiness in the long run.

Glad you are walking with us, we're on your side no matter what you choose to do.

Hugs
Old 10-23-2013, 11:12 AM
  # 54 (permalink)  

I really love this post, seriously you guys have no idea how much everyone on here has helped me out.. i'm truly starting to find myself because of the support iv'e gotten on this site. I may not know you, or even have talked to you but i love every last one of you.. <3