No Strength At All

Old 06-26-2007, 12:48 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

No Strength At All

for all of you who tried to help me i'm sorry you wasted your time - i couldn't even get through 4 days without contact - i called him this morning and guess what? he never responded so i emailed him and guess what? he never responded - i feel like such a loser and i can't believe how upset i am that he's over me so quickly - it should make ending this whole thing easier for me but i'm ashamed to tell you it still hurts -
Old 06-26-2007, 01:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sure you have strength...just today you faltered a bit.

Try to remember the feelings you have today...and let them help you to not make the call in the future.

You're important...and you're doing ok...babysteps we say here, just keep putting one foot in front of the other and before you know it....

(((hugs)))
Cece
Old 06-26-2007, 01:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

We all take a few steps back when we are moving forward, it's natural. Don't beat yourself up about it, just try and learn from the the mistake. I'm sorry you are hurting so.
Old 06-26-2007, 01:36 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

We have a saying "progress, not perfection" It takes what it takes and you will get there. Just the fact that you reached out for help here shows that you want to get better. Just keep trying. If we all were perfect on our first try, we would not need these boards. Sending you some hugs. Don't beat yourself up. Now is the time to be gentle. Hugs, Marle
Old 06-26-2007, 01:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hugs, peapod. k
Old 06-26-2007, 02:11 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

its not a waste of time........we know what your going thru.....and it does hurt........in time it gets better but sometimes it takes doing it over and over before you get it. Just take care and stick around........we are here to support you thats all....
Old 06-26-2007, 04:05 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Hugs to you, Peapod

Yep, it's hard, isn't it? I wish you weren't hurting, and I'm sorry you're having to go through this.

But it's a little like cancer surgery, this stepping away from addiction and its madness. We know we have to do it in order to save ourselves, but the post-op sure is painful.

Know that it DOES get easier if you can learn to love yourself, have fun with yourself, respect yourself. You will have to work at it...it's a process, like becoming physically strong or learning a new skill. But know that it honest-to-god does get easier as time goes on, no matter if they respond or not, if you are willing to work at it. Progress, not perfection, like Marle says.

Hugs,
GiveLove
Old 06-26-2007, 04:17 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Recovery from codepenence is difficult at best. We have all faltered, and still do, one step at a time we move forward. That's all we can do, pick ourselves up, dust ourselves off and continue to move forward.

Don't be hard on yourself, learn from this experience, and continue your recovery.
Old 06-26-2007, 06:54 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
gns

Him getting over you has nothing to do with you, and everything to do with him and his capacity to love. It is NOT a reflection on your specialness (something I am slowly learning),.
Old 06-26-2007, 07:51 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Administrator

Originally Posted by gns View Post
Him getting over you has nothing to do with you, and everything to do with him and his capacity to love. It is NOT a reflection on your specialness (something I am slowly learning),.

Well said....And you are special, Peapods. Don't beat yourself up...we've all been there and we all have times where we flounder. But with support and encouragement we all brush ourselves off and move forward. I'm so sorry you are hurting. Hugs