My Son is Getting Married

Old 06-26-2007, 08:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((((hanging in)))))

I haven't seen you for quite a while I hope you are doing well....Thanks for the thoughts gal...

again thank you((((Ann)))) (((Japic05))))(((( notsleepingwell)))) (((((BigSis)))) ((((dollydo))))(((((Marteen))))((((Spiritual Seeker))))
(((((parentrecovers)))))(((((JWife)))))(((((Elana) ))))

I just love you all so much and thank God everyday that I have the privilege to be here with you all...
Old 06-27-2007, 01:37 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

congrats splendra! I know your son will understand if you can't go. I bet he has lots of friends who can't be there due to the cost as well (assuming he's inviting a lot of people) but still want to have the chance to be a part of their friend's new life. When they get to the states, I bet you could get with his friends, as well as yours, and throw a huge party/reception type thing for them, without spending too incredibly much money. My parents were broke when I got married, and they still managed to do pretty well with the food at the reception by making finger sandwiches, baking cookies, putting out pretzels, and having homemade punch to drink. It was lovely, very much appreciated, and no one seemed to notice that it was not catered by some fancy company.

I agree with the above posts, your new DIL is very lucky to have such a wonderful person as you for a MIL *hugs*