hey guys

Old 06-18-2007, 08:31 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

hey guys

Hey guys I don't know if you all remember or not but I took the police officers exam several months back. I didnt get a real high score so I just figured I will re take the test. But on friday I got a letter from them asking me to go the physical test.

I was shocked but I cant do it. The test is two weeks and I am in no way in shape to do it. I tried doing a push up and fell on my knee, LOL.

I didnt work out cause i thought they would never have called me with my score. I am a little disapointed in my self but then again no. When I took the test I didnt see no room for a promotion at my job and figured it would be better for me. But I did get a promotion and liking myjob for now. What I am thinking is that when they do report a test to take it again. And in the meantime work out so if they were to call me again I would be ready and not to underestimate myself again with whatever score I get. I am a little sad because this is something that I always wanted to do.

Abf is still actively using.... you would have thought that knowing if I did go for this being a police officer it would have to completely end with us that he would have
discouraged me. Instead he said he that i should try... he doesnt know about me falling on my knee real hard attempting to do a push up though.

I think if I did do the test I would have to do about 15 sit ups, 20 push ups in a minute and run a mile with in 16 minutes.

I wanted to let you guys know this. I havent told my family yet because I know they would be disapointed in me in not doing the physical test.

thats all for now,
Jewel
Old 06-18-2007, 08:43 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

hey jewelz- i think its great that you passed. maybe if you're not ready to take the physical now, can you do it at later time? either way, do what you will make you happy, its sounds like you're doing great at your current job, so maybe the police officer could be a back up plan - just in case? good luck with whatever you do!
Old 06-18-2007, 08:45 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

If you would REALLY like to give corrections a try, I think you should take the test. You may be surprised at how well you do. If you fail ~ and you still have the desire to work in corrections, you can re-test, when you are in better shape. Corrections is a rapidly growing industry ~ sorry to say.

If, on the other hand, you are enjoying your present employment ~~~~~~~~~. (If I remember correctly, you were uncertain that you would get the promotion where you worked. And ~ you got it).

Do not under-estimate yourself, or your HP. Good luck, with whatever you decide.
Old 06-18-2007, 08:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
On a tear

I agree with Pacnorthwesterner (maybe cause we are both "rain brains", eh?). But I also think it would be a good idea to take the physical test with the idea of trying to figure out what exactly you will need to do in order to qualify.

No coincidences, Jewelz... something good might be cookin' for ya.

(((hugs)))

PS - Congrats on passing the first level testing... you were under estimating yourself quite badly. I hope that passing gives you the confidence you deserve! ((hugs))
Old 06-18-2007, 09:46 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Guys thanks for the encouragement... I will think about it.
Old 06-18-2007, 09:50 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

go for it jewelz, it can't hurt anything.if u fail, TRY AGAIN.don't give up.hugs & prayers,hope
Old 06-18-2007, 09:50 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

(((((jewelz))))

If this is something you really want to do, why not just do it? What do you have to lose?

Then again...maybe you're happy in your present job...

The really GREAT thing about all of this is that you have OPTIONS...thats huge. You have options because you went out there and tried something new in order to improve yourself. Good for you. No guilt allowed, okay?

Glad things are going so well...sorry that the abf continues to use...but you sound strong in spite of that fact. Awesome.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Hug giver-outer!

Wow! I agree with trying for it. Just be sure to let them know that you injured your knee; they will either take it into consideration or reschedule you. Don't just close the door completely!
Old 06-18-2007, 06:21 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

I say go for it, too. You just never know. If you don't try, you never will.

I think it is awesome that you passed the exam. And it is awesome that you are happy in your current job.

So what do you have to lose by trying??

(((HUGS)))
Old 06-18-2007, 06:54 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Jewelz, You could always try it. You already have a job that you like so there really is nothing to lose. They may tell you that you need to get in shape and try again. Or you may surprise yourself and pass. Who knows. Either way you seem to be doing well. Hugs, Marle
Old 06-18-2007, 06:54 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Administrator

Jewelz, Congratualtions...that's awesome. Definitely think about what you would like to do and don't doubt yourself. Arobic exercise every day (walk a 1/4 mile, jog a 1/4, walk 1/4, etc) coupled with a little work on push ups and /or some free weights every other day (not every day...the muscle needs time to recover and too often causes injury) over two weeks can make an incredible difference in your fitness level. You're young...you'd be doing one handed push ups or push ups with Michael on your back in no time!! Don't doubt what you can do especially with lots of codies cheering you on and HP on your side.

But if you want to wait because that is what you really want to do, that's great too. Follow your heart and know we're with you all the way. Hugs and prayers.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Well, there cutie, seems you underestimated yourself!
You must have done pretty good for them to call you for a physical.

Jewelz, if this is something you've always wanted, I say go for it.
Years down the road you may kick yourself for not giving it a try.

You have nothing to lose, you have a job you can keep, but I do think it wouldn't hurt to at least give it a go, eh?

Hugs, you smart girl, you.