VERY!! hurt...

Old 05-23-2007, 10:54 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

VERY!! hurt...

Hey Everyone,

As most of you know I recently broke up with my boyfriend of almost two years. Tonight , I received HORRIBLE! e-mails from anoynmous people. They keep repeating in each e-mail how stupid I am for staying with him as long as I did. I wont repeat much more of it because its pretty much one cuss word after the next. They say that I'm stupid for staying up and waiting for his phone calls that I am nothing special at all. The hurtful rantings go on and on. I can't believe that people would write such hurtful things, about people they dont even know. ( I know its no one I know, because over the years I have chosen my friends wisely.) I'm wondering if maybe this could be my ex? Is this something typical for an addict to do?

Personally, I could careless what some coward over the internet thinks of me. I am a strong beautiful inside and out 20 year old woman. It just amazes me that people do these kinds of things.
Old 05-23-2007, 11:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((Ashley)))
Yes, the addict in your life may have done this cruel thing. I'm sorry you had to experience it.

But, as a word of caution for you and your computer, I should note this to you. It's not wise to open any email from whom you do not know. Viruses are often downloaded onto your computer that way, and can infect not just your computer, but, those of everyone in your address book and more!
Me? I delete anything that comes from anyone I do not know. It's all junk mail.

Shalom!
Old 05-24-2007, 03:36 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Sounds like something an addict would do. With that said, I wouldn't open any email
unless I know who ithey are from.

Somebody is just quacking. Ignore it.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:20 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Just remember the old adage about "sticks and stones". Ignore the emails: don't open them!!!
Old 05-24-2007, 05:47 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Sounds like it could very well be addict behavior, but I agree with the others. Don't open any e-mail from anyone you don't know........and you can block the senders of these e-mails. That's what I would do. Don't pay any mind to what they say. We do the best we can when we are in love with an addict. The choice to leave or stay is our own and no one else's. People should keep their noses in their own back yards and only give opinions when asked for them. You just gotta stay tuff and let this sort of stuff bounce right off of you. Hang in there.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:42 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
On a tear

Addict behavior - maybe. Much more likely "internet behavior". The anonymity (or perceived anonimity) provided by the internet can bring out the worst in some of the nicest people.... but it can bring out the REAL ugly in sick people.

Sharing a phone number gives strangers your physical address. Sharing the type of car you drive and your favorit restaurant can give a predator far too many clues. Sharing your physical description - a picture - on a web site makes it available to EVERYONE, not just "members" of that site.

Hackers and predators and nasty people LOOOOVVEEE the anonimity of the web.

Our job is to be careful.

Delete...delete...delete - that is your most powerful tool.
Old 05-24-2007, 07:48 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I have my e-mail set up so I only get e-mails from the poeple I know and everything else goes into a seperate folder. In the future if u see this e-mail address just delete it u dont need to read something that is so hurtful. I dont understand why people feel the need to be so mean. Sometimes its easier to be mean through an e-mail than face to face.

Your smart your beautiful and your young!!! Mr Right will come along who wont be mean and wont be an addict. Chalk this relationship up to a life lesson learned. I know 2yrs is very hard to let go of I was your age when I broke up with my addict and we were together since I was 15 it took alot of time and healing but I got through it. Just delete the nasty e-mails and dont reply to them either u dont need to defend yourself to someone u dont know. I am sorry this happened it could have been your ex but who knows nowadays.
Old 05-24-2007, 04:49 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

I agree with everyone.
I know it's hurtful, but if you don't read them, you can't be hurt, right?
I hope you're feeling better soon.
Old 05-24-2007, 09:33 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Administrator

Ashley, I'm so sorry you were hurt by such inconsiderate acts....I agree with the suggestions here and also agree that you are young, talented and beautiful inside and out so it doesn't matter what some anonymous jerk who needs a life would say to you. Hugs
Old 05-25-2007, 06:48 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Ashley-
I actually just experienced something similar. I got an anonymous myspace message from someone nastily stating that I was stupid for staying with my boyfriend and that he was obviously cheating on me because he has been seen with this other girl all the time. It was not even an FYI statement, but nasty. Meant to hurt me deeply. I am still incredibly fixated on it and have been demanding to get the logic from it. Trying to let it go. I know how you feel.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:47 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

thanks everyone
It's really a hard time for me, and that e-mail made it even harder! Having you guys to talk to makes it 1000000x better!
Old 05-26-2007, 07:14 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Could you change your email address? Usually it is very simple to do; you could change it and get rid of the old one, and only give the new one to people that you trust.