AD started methadone

Old 05-22-2007, 09:49 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

AD started methadone

Today AD started methadone, and 1 year probation. She is not living with us, and I don't know how she paid for it. She has court ordered drug testing to answer to now, so this is what she is trying. We barely talk now. I really don't have anything to add to the same things I've been saying for years.
I have some sort of acceptance now. I don't like it, but have no choice about it. Husband is discouraged. Maybe it will work, maybe it wont, but it is in Gods hands.
jeepgirl
Old 05-22-2007, 10:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

(((Jeep)))

I hope this is her time. Saying prayers for all of you...
Old 05-22-2007, 11:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I know how you feel and will continue to keep you and your daughter in my prayers.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:07 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
On a tear

You and AD remain in my prayers, Jeep. It's been a long road, with few guideposts and no map... makes for a loooongg journey. We never know when the destination is just around the next bend.

Prayers this can be her time.

(((Jeep))))
Old 05-23-2007, 01:18 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((Jeep))))
My son is on methadone and living with me again, too. He's working -- a requirement; and paying a token rent, also a requirement. The goal is a rehab, but there's only two in RI that accept those with methadone, and only one that's long term. It could be a while...I will accept NO back-sliding; been there, done that. If he uses, he's out. Period. I do not want a front row seat to the drama again.

I hope this is your time.

Shalom!
Old 05-23-2007, 01:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

I see the word acceptance in your post, that is the tough part but oh so necessary for our oun serenity. Our ADs & ASs have their journey in life just as we do. Ea. night I say a short prayer, "God Bless My Child" because I know it is out of my hands.
Old 05-23-2007, 03:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Jeep, continued prayers for your daughter. For you too. I know you know this is hers to own. Hugs, Marle
Old 05-23-2007, 03:53 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
rozied

(((Jeep)))
I don't think I've had the pleasur of mtg you bere.
I want to add my paryers for your AD, for you, & your family. Hope your AD makes it.
Love,
Diane
Old 05-23-2007, 07:43 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Methadone saved my life, as well as my husband's. Two different time periods, same results occurred. Hope this gives you some hope.

When I was using, I was stealing from my family, hating every minute of it but just wanting to not be sick. Once my family stopped talking to me and the money all dried up, I began stealing from stores and pawning the items. Then my now husband and I met and it became a sort of Bonnie and Clyde relationship.

I was so tired, I just wanted God to kill me, I was so empty inside. Then I just moved 2000 miles away, which is what saved me. I had tried abstinence-based treatment so many times, and they kept telling me that their way was the only "true" way to achieve recovery. So I entered into a methadone program thinking that at least I wouldn't be committing crimes to fuel my addiction.

What I found was life abundant. The doctor helped me get onto a proper dose that not only replaced the endorphins that were no longer being naturally made from my years of addiction, but I didn't want to use. I could work, go to church, bathe, eat, sleep normally; it was a true God-send.

Now I have three children, I work as a methadone advocate from home, I'm active in our church and community, and I'm seen as a regular soccer mom. I don't hide my past, I talk to everyone who has "ears to hear". My husband has a different story- he only recently entered into a methadone program, but the results are the same. He's now an incredible father and husband, has been made an Assistant Manager at his work, and is as involved in church activities as I am.

I never got high off methadone- I don't even take it anymore. I haven't used heroin since November 29, 1999 because of that wonderful wonderful life saver.

The key to great treatment is getting on a proper dose (stats say 60-120 acheives a blockade dose) and having a counselor who you feel comfortable talking with (you can't let go of the build-up of poison in your soul if you don't trust the person). If a patient has that, then the world is open for living! To see someone's life be changed so quickly and so positively is awe-inspiring. Just watching my husband made me thankful that there is a God who is so loving and compassionate and willing to walk alongside us even when we aren't worthy. I'm grateful for methadone, so many lives have been saved because of it.

Ericka Lear
Old 05-23-2007, 08:10 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((Jeep)))))

Miss ya, lady. Was wonderin' how you've been. Thanks for the update.
Keeping you and your daughter in my thoughts and prayers.
My son was also in a methadone program, for almost a year.
When he was told he would have to start paying for it himself, he weaned off
too soon and hit the pavement running for drugs. I have mixed feelings about the methadone program. Imho, I sometimes feel it's just a band aid.
Alot of people that I spoke with at my son's clinic have been in the program for years. Years! When does the actual recovery start? Drug-free recovery?
I admit it saves lives. It saved my son's life from heroin. He was able to think clearly and live without the heroin for a while.
I guess it's different for everyone. So, on the other hand, I say...whatever works.
Maybe it could be called a "stepping stone" to recovery.
I don't know. See? Mixed feelings.
I just know that you are one tough lady with lots of spunk and perseverance. I'm glad you stopped in and would love to hear from ya more often.
Big hugs and lots o' love,
Linda
p.s. hope this doesn't get me hit in the head with rocks. Loves?
Old 05-23-2007, 09:25 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

(((Jeep)))

Glad to hear your daughter's taking baby steps.....mine tooooo at the moment. I don't know what God's plan is for my daughter, but holy s__t, sure wish I did!!! But I know everyone has a purpose...sooooo

Old 05-23-2007, 02:53 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

(((Jeep))))
I'm praying it all works out for the best.

I have my fingers and toes crossed too!