living la vie de recovery

Old 05-22-2007, 09:41 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
krhea75

living la vie de recovery

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Hey gang,
I've been busy with my RS/AS (I'm not sure which), the end of the school year, a part time job, my mom's surgery, blah,blah, blah! Yes,I could go on but i won't. My son has been home since April 23, a month and things have been up and down. I have found one empty bottle of beer, a few adderall in his pocket, he has passed alcohol test each time I have given them to him. I am aware of his goings on and I'm not totally sure he is clean. i think he is trying,but then again he may just be trying to hide it. Eachtime we have had a confrontation he has eventually admitted to it and was honest. This is a big step. However, I'm sure he is not being totally truthful all of the time. I feel we're at a pretty good place right now, but that could fall through at any second. I am trying to stay out of his business while attending to his whereabouts...a hard line to walk. I am also trying to go on with my life and not totally focus on him, but old codie ways are hard to get rid of. Tonight he was late, said he went to an NA meeting. Something in my gut says,yeah right. He was given 3 more months of court supervision so that is a good thing. He is 17 now and if he gets caught it will be more trouble. so he will just have to deal with it. I think this sounds too negative, because we have had some good times too since he has been back. but you all know how it is.The bad is what our minds focus on. Anyway, thought you all might want an update.
krhea
Old 05-22-2007, 11:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
On a tear

(((krhea))) Thanks.... wishing you the best. Been going to any Alanon or Naranon meetings? They help me keep focused - otherwise, I just end up doing the same sort of insanity that got me here in the first place...smile.

(((hugs)))
Old 05-23-2007, 05:12 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It is hard to tell in the beginning. When my as first goes back to using, I am totally in the dark. He seems to act like himself. It's only after he's been using more and more, do I notice the change in his behavior. He's totally obnoxious, when he's normally quiet. He's actually unbearable to be around. His sisters and friends have told him that. My as is currently in rehab for the second time, and I pray that this time it works. I'm hopeful, but at the same time I keep thinking if he doesn't make it this time, will he ever? God, it's hard.
Old 05-23-2007, 05:45 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

krhea75,
Thanks for the update, I guess all you can do is one day at a time....that's kind of my plan for the moment with my 2 RAS's....

Hugs,
Old 05-23-2007, 08:43 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((Krhea)))))

Thoughts, prayers, and support from me to you.
Thanks for the update. Good to see your taking care of you.
It's tough, I know. Sending prayers for you and your ras/as.

For you...