home from college

Old 05-21-2007, 06:08 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

home from college

Well AD came home last week from college and I had no expectations that things would be good or bad just decided to see how it all played out.
She seems to be OK, she came home with a stomach bug that kept her in the bathroom for a day and that wasn't fun for her. This for the kid who hasn't barfed for years if it wasn't from drugs or drinking. The only real issue I think is she came home with so much more stuff than she left with and has no idea where to put it. Her room still looks like a bomb hit it and there's still stuff in her car.
We've only had one talk and that was about her ex-bfs. The talk made me realize just how co-dependent she is. But I just gave my opinion as she wanted to hear what I thought. I think she's crazy to try to continue some kind of relationship with this guy again, but I didn't tell her that. I told her she needed a break from any relationships until she gets her s%^& together. also she knows that she can't ride the car other than work and appointments till it's in her name. And now the car has issues and there's really not too much money for it.
But she begins counseling cessions tomorrow and has an appointment today with the local drug program. There she'll be tested and whatever. I hope she'll take advantage of the help she's been offered with all this.
I'm staying out of her stuff and letting her find her own way both in her room and her life. Not easy, I want to jump in and fix it all and the room is driving me nuts, but if she wants my help she'll ask for it.
Old 05-21-2007, 06:48 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
On a tear

...I want to jump in and fix it all and the room is driving me nuts, but if she wants my help she'll ask for it.

Boy - isn't THAT hard? I know I struggle with that allll the time. Wishing you the best BP. (((hugs)))
Old 05-21-2007, 07:03 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I'm glad she is home from school and willing to go to counseling! That is a positive step I think. I'll keep you and your daughter in my prayers.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sending some prayers and just shut the door and let the room be. Hugs, Marle
Old 05-21-2007, 03:19 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Hi Pansy.
Looks like you've learned to let go a little. It does seem to take the pressure off us when we do.
She's headed in the right direction with going to college, going to therapy and the drug program.
I hope the summer brings you both peace and healing.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:53 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Pansy, I know what you mean about the room. When my daughter came home from LA she left a lot of stuff laying around in her room. I shut the door and it's still there. It sounds like she is on the right track. If a messy room is all you have to deal with........I'm sure you'll be able to live with that.

My best to you and your daughter...............Lo
Old 05-21-2007, 05:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Pansy

Pat yourself on the back for doing so well. I know how hard it is to let go, but I also know it pay!

You're on the right track... I hope you have a great summer.
Old 05-21-2007, 08:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Thanks for the support, sometimes I really need it, like now.
So OK she needs some help. They have set her up with individual and group counseling, the doctor and another person (not sure who that is). All this costs money and after taking two weekends off to study for finals, she doesn't have the money for all the sessions. The cost is minimal but shes got no $$ until she works for a couple weeks. No money no counseling. I just hope they haven't overloaded her with all the appointments.
For this she can have some money, but will be doing some yard work to earn it. And she was going to work 3 hours more than scheduled tonight to try and add to her paycheck. I really can't complain but
I'm ignoring the room...............