Lift me up ..

Old 05-02-2007, 06:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Lift me up ..

This past week has been a big headache. I am overwhelmed with school and assignments, trying to be a Mom, and dealing with "smiley faces" all day long.
My AH is still using and denying it all the way. He is at such a down point that it's nausiating just listening to him. He doesn't even ask how his Son is doing. Quack Quack Quack. Poor him.
He envolves his mother in our situation WAY TO MUCH. It's bad enough she attends his 12 step meetings every week, and then vent's to her about our every conversation. She now want's me to go over there and have a "One on one" chat. Yeah, so she can convince me to go back to her "perfect son".

These last few day's have been such a downer. I need a pick me up. My recovery seems like a sneeze in comparison to were I want' it to be. When is this @Hit going to end? I'm taking High school courses for gosh sakes. University seems so far away let alone SANITY and financial security.

And then I think about the time I am missing with my Son because I am waisting time on the phone to AH. aka (nutball)

UHHHHURGH. Deep breath and funny noises letting it allll out right now.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:17 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Ditto, deep breath...

Yes, I agree, don't waste one more minute on the phone to AH...spend quality time with your son, that is your prioty.
Old 05-02-2007, 06:26 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
grateful rca

at least you know whats important, and you are moving forward even if its not as fast as you want it to be happening. it does take time.

sbout the mil, i have one of those too, only mine is worse. my ah do the same thing about putting mommie in all of our issues and she seems to enjoy saying stuff that he only takes to mean that its all my fault. i hope i never grow up to be that kind of mil. keeping all of you in my prayers
Old 05-02-2007, 06:31 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

mavis, u do not have to talk with your ex or his mom.set boundries & do what you want to.you do have control over you. i am sorry you r going thru this.hugs,
Old 05-02-2007, 07:47 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

You have alot on your plate dear.
I have college, work and an addict, but you're a Mommy as well!
i don't have any great words of wisdom except belive that you are exactly where you are suppose to be right now. (I KNOW easier said than done!!)
It is taking me forever to finish my undergrad degree and I am sick of being where I've been.
Old 05-02-2007, 07:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Urgh. Thank you guy's. For me it takes a day or so do look back and think and do things differently in all of this but it still sucks. All of it. I wished so much. I did toooo much "wishing".
Old 05-02-2007, 08:07 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

No advice; just sending hugs your way!!
Terri
Old 05-03-2007, 04:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Administrator

((((((Mavis))))) Thinking of you today. I hope you can find a moment to drop the work, turn off the ringer on the phone and share some snuggle time with your son. You will be fine...baby steps! I'm so proud of you that you have this plan and are taking it on one step at a time!!!

I made that "quiet half hour to myself" that they talk about in Just for Today as a walk or run at lunch time at work. I thought I didn't have time, but somehow I always make time now and I find I am working less hours and getting more done. I'm finding I have room for another half hour to recharge most nights too. Taking time to recharge and find serenity is very helpful to me. Lots of hugs
Old 05-03-2007, 05:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

(((Mavis))) Hugs to you my friend.
Old 05-03-2007, 06:01 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

(((((Mavis))))

Remember, it's progress, not perfection. You aren't where you want to be, but you are where you're 'supposed' to be, according to HP's path for you.