So Very Upset

Old 04-27-2007, 01:19 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
rozied

So Very Upset

Boy now I really have done it. My sister is furious at my AS & says she is going to have him arrested. My SS is yelling at me for telling my sister & now I KNOW my parents will also be mad at me for telling my sister. My AS SHOULD NEVER have told me any of what he did...all he does is do wrong & dump it all on me. Everyone is now mad at me.
It is my place to tell the police or my parents place not my sisters. I am a wreck over all of this.
Diane
Old 04-27-2007, 01:32 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i'm thinking about you, rozied. i understand how very frustrating it is. blessings, k
Old 04-27-2007, 01:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

honey, i can not answer that. it seems as if it should have been between your parents & your son. hands off the addict is the saying.i am sorry for this. i am saying a prayer for you & your family. addicts tear the best famlys apart.
Old 04-27-2007, 01:46 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
rozied

Oh Hope you are so very right. I cannot believe this is all happening...........it is like a bad dream or a nightmare.
Thanx everyone you are always so helpful just by being there.
At least I don't feel alone.
Love & Hugs,
Diane
PS I am clinging to this pc like a lifeline!
Old 04-28-2007, 08:40 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

(((Rozied)))
This may be a good time to step away and stop talking to all of them...even just for a short spell to get back on track.
None of this...your AS's actions or the reactions of your family are your fault or within your control.
Step back and walk a bit with us Rozied...rest your weary heart
((((hugs))))
Cece
Old 04-29-2007, 10:31 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
On a tear

Oh boy, does THIS sound familiar!

Isn't this JUST EXACTLY the way of codependent/dysfunctional/alcoholic families?? I tell you, you tell her, she tells HIM... I did it for SOOOO long.

I even did it for a while after I got into program... those decades of communicating this way were deeply engrained.

What I know today is that before I could CHANGE, I had to first be AWARE.

Now that you are experiencing awareness, the changed behavior will not be far behind. This is just part of the process... you ARE learning... you ARE aware... you WILL likely do something different in the future.

As difficult as this is....Good for you!

And overall... I love Cece's advice. Just back out for a bit and let it settle. You and I know the next "crisis" cannot be far around the corner. If one is a not apparent, the sicker folks will create one. This too, shall pass.