I thought it was goingto get better

Old 04-23-2007, 02:53 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I thought it was goingto get better

Well, he's done it again! My AS is once again homeless. He couldn't wait to call me today and tell me what an idiot his sponsor is because he told him to leave his house this morning. My AS claimed that the only thing he did wrong was not make his bed. I know better than to believe anything that comes out of his mouth. He apparently broke all the rules and lied about attending a meeting. Please keep him in your prayers. I don't know what it will take to get him to get his life on track. I just feel so many things: Anger, sadness, disappointment, frustration, helplessness, fright etc. etc. Thanks for listening again!!

Last edited by tryin2bstrong; 04-23-2007 at 02:56 PM. Reason: wasn't finished
Old 04-23-2007, 04:37 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am sorry that you are going through this. I will keep your son in my prayers that he will find his way and want to find recovery. Try to remember that it is up to him, you are powerless in this. The choices are his. Hugs, Marle
Old 04-23-2007, 04:56 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I too am so sorry to hear what your going through. His recovery is up to him. It is frustrating and disappointing, as my as has done this to me more times than I can count, but as I've learned over the past few months,and through this wonderful website, it's time to take care of you.
Old 04-23-2007, 05:24 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'm sorry too. I got phone calls like that more than once and it was never good news. My prayers go out for your son.

Hugs
Old 04-23-2007, 05:36 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm so sorry you have to go through this today. I'm sure he will find a place to go. I know everytime I thought my daughter was homeless, she always knew someone to take her in. They are very street smart and they know how to take care of themselves. They become very tough people.
When I say my prayers tonight I'll pray for shelter for your son and for you to be at peace and have a sweet sleep............Lo
Old 04-23-2007, 05:55 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
On a tear

Yep, me, too. Times when she just "wasn't ready". What I didn't know, though, was the she was "getting closer". Prayers he is almost there.

(((Tryin2bstrong)))
Old 04-23-2007, 06:54 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i agree with big sis, as bad as it seems, it seems like he maybe just a little closer to surrendering. i will keep him in my prayers, i pray that he finds his way soon and that god will grant you peace in knowing that he can and will protect your son and guide him to the place where he is suppose to be.
Old 04-23-2007, 07:41 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

it is always the other persons fault.they never take responsiablity for there actions.i am sorry he is putting himself through this.stay strong,we r here for you.prayers, hope
Old 04-24-2007, 06:04 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Well, I have heard from him again today. He told me he has no place to go, no where to live, can't work cause he doesn't have a place to sleep and has no money or food. I very calmly tell him that this is what he chose. He had a place to live but chose not to follow the rules. I reminded him that I have tried every way imaginable to help him but there is nothing I can do for him until he gets his life in order. He then tells me he just needs some help with a place to live and he knows of a rooming house if I could just help him out by sending them some money. I tell him financially, I can't do anything for him. I suggest he go to the local homeless shelter or go to court in the morning and plead to the judge that he needs some help. He says he can't go into any programs because he has an open court case against him. I tell him again that he chose this life. After telling me I never do anything for him and don't care about him and never have he lets me know this could be the last time I talk to him. I feel like I have said the right things to him but I feel so sad inside for saying them!!
Old 04-24-2007, 06:10 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

The words he said to you could have come from my own son's mouth. He doesn't need help for a place, he wants drugs and that's where any money you gave him would go, sadly.

My heart goes out for you, I know how awful it is to watch them continue to make bad choices. Hopefully the judge will order him to rehab or even a short time in jail which means he will be clean, fed and safer than he has been for a while.

You are doing so well to be strong through this. Making the "easier" choice is never easier in the long run. We're walking with you and we care, just keep taking good care of yourself.

Hugs
Old 04-24-2007, 08:03 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Dear Tryin - Sorry to hear about your AS - it seems unbearable I know since I have an AD and am very discouraged but my HP (God) helps me through so I will certainly pray for your son. (((HUGS)))
Old 04-25-2007, 03:51 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

My AD says the same thing to me. She doesn't know what she will do. I tell her that she manages to find drugs, so she can manage to find help if she needs it. Since this is not what she wants to hear, she tries the you never help me. Okay, we know that is not true. So let it go in one ear and out the other. When he truly wants help, he won't be calling you, he will be calling a place that can give it to him. Sorry you are feeling sad. Every time we say no to an addict, we risk not seeing them for a long time. But think about the alternative. Having the chaos of addiction is far worse in my opinion. Hope you feel better soon. Hugs, Marle
Old 04-25-2007, 05:45 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

So sorry to hear what your going through. My as is now living with a friend and his father. I sent him packing about 2 months ago. He seems to be doing ok, but I don't hear from him much. The last time he spoke to my daughter, he said that his friend's father couldn't understand why we at least didn't give him money for food to help them out. How would I know that the money would go for food? Everytime I gave him money in the past in went for everything but food. I told my daughter to tell him that he knows why we didn't help out.

Now he has a part time job and has money. Not sure if he's using cause I really haven't communicated with him for awhile. Also not sure if I would hear the truth. But I do miss him and truly know how you feel.
Old 04-25-2007, 05:55 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Trying,
I know this is hard to understand, but you ARE helping him. By not enabling him, you are making him look close and hard at the choices he is making.
And remember, he has picked up some tools along the way, let's hope he starts using them.

Don't let his "words" get to you, you are thinking in his best interests, and have done all you can do. It's up to him, and his H.P. now.

Hugs to you from one mom to another,