Pills????

Old 04-10-2007, 08:46 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Pills????

Once Again, Can Someone Tell Me Again What The Effects Are From Taking Somas, Muscle Realxers. I'm Pretty Sure I Know, But He Always Makes Me Second Guess Myself.

Many Hugs And Prayers To All
Old 04-10-2007, 09:08 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If your guessing about it, your right.

My AH was addicted to ANYTHING pill form. Codine, tylenol, cough syrup, claritin.. you name it. But to get a high, he would swallow, 4 Tylenol 3's. Down a half a bottle of cough syrup with codine and drink booze. Or switch things up with muscle relaxer's and so on. He even dipped into my Midol!

He dozzed off constantly. Dry mouth. Talked slow. No eye contact. Walked slow. Dissapeared all the time. Told me "I" was crazy. Manipulated. Made excuses as to "why" he us using something.. anything. Family outings did not exist. Playing with his own son became a chore. Fell asleep with work clothes all the time on the couch. Constant stomach aches. Weird noises came from his stomach all the time. Constipation. Grouchyness. Moodiness. Irritability. Shakes. Headaches. Dark circles under eyes. Laugh uncontrollably at the dumbest things.

Many many others. Sorry your having to go through this. If you would ask on your next thread on "where to find his stash" lol, we could all probably help in that department! lol
Old 04-10-2007, 09:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I Hate Drugs.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:22 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

My addict daughter calls them "Coma". So I guess that explains their effects. Marle
Old 04-10-2007, 09:29 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oooops and let's not forget the "Erectile Disfunction" from long term use.
Old 04-10-2007, 09:34 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

God yes. I am so tired of my husband's useless penis. Our relationshp started from an affair, so it was very passionate and HOT HOT HOT! In the year we've been married and living together and he's been using, our sex life has dropped off dramatically. It's a huge loss to me--and it makes me crazy that he's let it happen.

The worst part was that before I knew he was using, he let me think it was me. I'd cry and wonder if he thought I wasn't as attractive as I used to be, or wonder if he was seeing someone else, or wonder if I'd gotten fat or he'd lost interest. He'd say things like that it's normal for a man who's getting older to lose interest in sex (he's 28--not exactly a geezer), and that it's normal for married people to have sex only once a month or so.

In a lot of ways, I was almost relieved when I found out he was using. It helped me build back up some of my self esteem.
Old 04-10-2007, 10:43 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Been There Girls. Mine Can Start, But Then Never Finishes. Says I'm Just Too Sexy And He Could Go On Forever. What A Load Of Crap.

Have Yall Ever Listened When They Pee??!! Mine Will Go To The Bathroom And Stand There Nodding Off Ofcoarse But It Takes Him Like 5-10 Minuetes To Actually Pee, Thats If He Even Pees. He Tells Me That He Thought He Had To Go But Guess Not. Or I'm Being Crazy, Its Not Taking That Long For Him To Pee.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:08 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

He Makes It Seem Like I Want Him To Fail, I Want Him To Go Back To Poping Pills, Like If He Does, Its Because Of Me. But I Am Starting To Realize That I Have Done Everything A Wife And Friend Can Do. I Wish This Had Never Happened To Us. Cause I Do Love Him, And Wish Only Teh Best For Him. I Just Can't Handle The Dozing Off During Things, Rubbing His Eyes Like He Has Something In Them, Blaming Work And Anything Else He Can Besides Himself. I May Not Have Evidence That He Is Using, Like The Actually Pills. But Honestly, I Haven't Been Looking, I Already Know The Answer.