2 Cents After 2+ Weeks!

Old 07-19-2006, 10:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

Talking 2 Cents After 2+ Weeks!

Man-o-man-o--- I'm on the OTHER friggin' side of the bridge people and let me tell you--- it is wonderful!!! I've missed you so much and I've been thinking of you all everyday that I've been away from cyberworld.

Of course I have a lot of my own personal updates, but after reviewing a lot of what I've missed, I'll start thread #1 like this:

Kermie-- I'm worried about you and you hang tough OK? I'm gonna go post to your thread after this.

Equus-- I'm so happy that you are beginning your MA soon. What a great adventure for you and congratulations!

Sunshine-- I'm glad to hear that you are moving on and have found good options on where to move. You need to have your freedom and peace! Trust me when I say that it is truly WONDERFUL.

Ayers1995--- great to see you back honey! Keep on posting, reading, questioning and planning. It will pay off if you take action.

Minnie-- so glad that your trip to the US was a smashing success! I really enjoyed the pics too. You all look so happy. I wish I could have been there, but maybe another time if you venture this way again?

Patty-- your dating situation is too much! First a champion cornholer and now Lavalounge (or something like that) man???? LMAO. I enjoyed seeing your pic with Minnie. You look as I imagined and you look like you were having a blast.

Jazzy-- you know I love you baby!! Thanks for the shout out when I was away and I'll be posting to one of your most recent threads shortly.

Judy-- the pics with you and the puppies were wonderful and thanks for sharing them. Just frolicking around in the sunshine hey? That's what we all need to do from time to time.

JessicaNAJ-- yeppers! You ARE seeing exactly what you NEED to see. HP has a great way of working and I hold fast to my guns that everything happens for a reason.

Christie--- I'm so happy that you got to meet Minnie and you look very good in the pic.

Sarah-- how's Florida??? I'm assuming that you are there now. I cannot recall reading any updates about it, but my brain is fried right now so if I missed something, my apologies.

Mike-- you take good care of yourself and that ticker of yours sweetie. As always you are in my prayers and save yourself first before attempting to save the rest of us!

Minx- Congrats on your new job baby!!! I know what a bitch it is out there. I actually thought I'd have one on "lock down" by now, but... LOL. You'll do great honey.

Prodigal-- same ole' antics from AH after rehab huh? That sucks and I'm sorry to hear it, but it is truly not shocking to me. I think you are probably right-- maybe you two just don't "fit"?? It happens. That's the way I view my old relationship. Even without the booze, something just ain't right. It comes down to personal character.

Of course I have not read every post on this board since I've been away, so if I missed any other breaking news and excluded anyone, I do apologize. You ALL mean so very much to me and you all helped me more than you will possibly ever know. For each and every single one of you I am grateful. I wish nothing but the very best for you all.

Until morning all...
Old 07-19-2006, 10:55 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Awww. It is sooooo great to see you back on the board. Missed you, hon.

So, what's been happening? How are you feeling?

(Current thinking is Florida next May. You up for that?)
Old 07-19-2006, 11:13 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

Florida in May sounds like a plan Ms. Minnie!

Oh my goodness--- LOTS and LOTS of moving has been happening. I've also been searching tirelessly for jobs. That is really my main focus right now is finding a job so that I can support myself in my new digs. It's so very nice to be here though. Even with the stress of it all, it is STILL less stressful than living with XAH and dealing with all that. I'll post a big ole' fat thread tomorrow .
Old 07-19-2006, 11:15 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by megamysterioso
Even with the stress of it all, it is STILL less stressful than living with XAH and dealing with all that.
Ain't that the truth!

Sleep well, pet.
Old 07-20-2006, 12:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

YAY!! I'm looking forward to that bi ol' fat thread!! You sound great and I'm sure you'll find work soon (scary innit?).

You really do sound positive and that's a great place to be.
Old 07-20-2006, 02:48 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Yep, it's nice to spend a day in the sunshine with the dogs and it's even nicer when the owner can bring the dog home with THEM! LOL

It took me 18 months to find a job mega .... temping helped support me in the meantime. Give it some thought just in case you need it. I'd register with the agencies as they don't find you a job immediately.

I'm glad this is good for you ....... we all knew it would be!
Old 07-20-2006, 03:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

glad you are back and feeling good about your life mega!!! we'll expect to hear all about you and then see you next may!
Old 07-20-2006, 07:25 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

Awwww- thanks so much . Judy, I did register with one temp agency already and took all of their tests, etc. I did very well on the tests and am hoping that if nothing else, they will be able to find me something. There is one guy with the agency that's been with them working temp jobs for 12 years! He's made a "career" w/them b/c the agency provides full benefits. Doesn't seem like a bad gig to me. I plan on registering with some local ones next week.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hey there Mega....yeah I am a wild child in the dating world...lol
It is more amusing than anything...glad they have found a way to corral
(as Minnie puts it) all the oddballs in one feckin' place!!!!!!
Had a blast with our UK friend she is all and more than what we see
here on the boards. I have learned much from her...(I even know how
to quote properly due to her instruction..lol.) She provides you with
food for thought, no doubt about it.....
I do hope you can make the get together next year, as it stands now
Florida seems to be the place.....
Oh what a feeling to be out of the stress filled exsistance with an A!!!!
I hear you loud and clear on that one girlfirend. I am now entering my
15th month of sanity and it is fantastic...all those days I thought I
couldn't live through have all been here and gone......
On the job ....go to a website called NARMS it has temp work in
the merchandising/marketing arena...I was given this info by another
SR person last year as a possible source of extra income....It offers
a wide variety of part time employment some full time in the $8-$17
range......let me know if you need more info on that job site....K???
Glad to see you made to the other side.....
Old 07-20-2006, 07:46 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

Thanks so much Patty and I'll plan on May! I'll go check out that website today. I've always found that while searching for jobs online (I've landed my last 3 jobs that way) that you can go months without hearing a peep and then boom- all of the sudden 5 people call in a week! I'm hoping I'm just going through this typical "dry spell" for the moment.
Old 07-20-2006, 07:49 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

When it rains it pours I always say...that is typically what happens to me
when I am in the job market...appears that it happens that way to for
our dear friend Minx.......
Old 07-20-2006, 08:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hey Mega -

welcome back...

Yup - 7 months without employment and I had 2 offers the same week (and more recruiters call as well)...

Hang in there...I waited for a job I wanted instead of taking one that was mediocre...
Old 07-20-2006, 09:02 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Occasional poor taste poster

Well THERE you are! So how's the garden tub?
Old 07-20-2006, 11:49 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

Mega - you can't just leave us hanging like that.

Patty - love ya, sweetie. Thanks for the nice words.