Confussed and Feeling Helpless

Old 06-27-2006, 02:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Confussed and Feeling Helpless

I last wrote about my sister and my sister in law being addicted to meth, how my neices were being exposed to the life style my sister in law has chosen to live. I am still dropping my youngest neice off and everyone around is stoned out of there mind on meth. It feels my body with such fear knowing that I have to leave my 11 year old neice alone with these peolple. I know that these people are not in their right minds and what could happen to her scares me to death when I think about it. I have went to the cops and I have even taken drugs to social services that my neice was carrying around in her backpack for 3 days. No one can help me. Social Services even gave me the drugs back for crying out loud. They told me they could teach my sister in law how to not use drugs around the kids, that just means she has learned to go in the bathroom and hide it better. I feel like the system doesn't do anything to help anybody until it is to late. Do they really need a tragedy to happen before they can help my neices. The kids have spoken to the Social Workers and they feel the same way I do, no one is going to get their mom help and they are the ones who have to suffer.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:30 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Get yourself a good family law attorney. There are times when government or non-profit agencies (like social services) are overwhelmed and understaffed, so they just blow things off because they don't have the manpower to handle it. An attorney can determine if the children being exposed to such an illegal activity can be placed elsewhere. Can you, or any other member of your family, get temporary custody of the children? I would think this could be possible. Also, is there any chance you can make an anonymous call to the police when there is meth present in the house and it is obvious they are using? If the police find the substance in their possession, it's called "going to jail time" until they post bail, get a bail bondsman to get them out, or they're let out on their own recognizance until they have a court hearing.

Minors have the right to be protected from living under such circumstances. An attorney will cost a few bucks, but you'll know what you can do to help the children.
Old 06-27-2006, 03:32 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

Under Pressure, what you have descibed is OUT AND OUT CHILD ABUSE.

Doesn't Minnesota have a Child Protection Agency? They are the ones you should be reporting this to. The children MUST be protected.

This is what the State of Minnesota says on their web site:

"Child Protection
To report suspected child abuse or neglect, contact your county social service agency or the police. If it is an emergency, call the police at 911. For general questions regarding child protection, [email protected]

So if your local social servic agency and police don't want to help I would suggest you contact:

[email protected]

The fact that they are 'stashing' drugs in your niece's backpack where she and other children could get ahold of it is absolutely idiotic.

Please keep trying state agencies to get help for those children. If need be contact your state senator and/or assemblyman and ask them for help. You get enough state officials involved and something will be done for your nieces.

I will keep you and your nieces in my prayers.

Please keep posting and let us know how you are doing, we do care.

Love and (((((to all))))),