I didn't cover

Old 06-19-2006, 02:28 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I didn't cover

G didn't come home this weekend. Long story short, my son tried to contact him yesterday to see if he was coming home for Father's Day stuff. He didn't. But b/c of him contacting his dad, I knew where he was.

SO....this morning his boss calls looking for him (he got a new job about a month ago). G took home a company truck Friday and has had it all weekend. His boss wanted to know if G was on his way. I told his boss I could only assume, that he stayed over on ****** last night, but told me that he had every intention of going to work today. I told him there was no way of contacting him, but I could give him directions to where he was if he wanted to go over there to get him. His boss did not sound happy and asked where his truck was. I told him that G had it with him. That was that.

I didn't cover for him.
Old 06-19-2006, 02:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Good job. That must have been hard for you. Sounds like you did a good job of not enabling and taking care of you.

Mike
Old 06-19-2006, 02:37 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

All I can say is ((Jess))

I know that must have hurt hon... but you did well, now go do something nice for you!
Old 06-19-2006, 02:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good job!!!!!

live
Old 06-19-2006, 03:14 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

good for you jess - it's not your responsibility and i'm glad you didn't take it on!
Old 06-19-2006, 03:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Jess - one time several years ago I had the identical phone call frommy AH's boss. And I covered for him - today...I wouldn't. You did a great job and stood strong. Good Job honey.

Janet
Old 06-19-2006, 05:37 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

And didn't it feel good to not own G's stuff? To hand it over and not take responsibility for it?

You did a good job Jessica!
Old 06-19-2006, 06:12 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good going and not your responsibility

Ngaire
Old 06-19-2006, 07:11 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

It did feel good to not own it. Of course I did the usual....."did I do the right thing?", but ya know....why should I be the one put in the awkward position of lying to his boss. That's not me. I don't lie! and I'm not going to start to cover his a$$. He can deal with the consequences of his own actions (at least that's how I felt today).....of course he told his boss it was the guy's fault that lived there as to why he was late. He said the guy went to work and didn't wake him up. HELLO!!!!!!! Who's responsibility is that?
Old 06-19-2006, 07:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Do you know this because G came home after work today and told you so? Or did you have contact with him earlier today?

And how are you doing with the situation of him not coming home and the financial stuff?

Hope you don't mind I asked - just wanted an update on YOU.

Again - you did GOOD today!
Old 06-19-2006, 07:28 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

He called me after work and told me on the phone. He asked me what was going on (as far as him coming to the house). I told him he needed to tell me what he wanted to do. I'm not deciding for him. He said "I'm here. Pick me up." I told him I didn't like the way he said that to me....like it was expected of me. details Anyway, I had to go to the grocery which was on the way AFTER I picked him up. He wanted me to go to the store first and come back and get him (he hasn't showered since Friday???). I told him that was out of my way and if I was going to pick him up....I'd picking him up first.

Things are not good. Sunday thru Thursday things are so good I don't think the weekends will repeat....but they always do. He "says" he sees a pattern and needs to change it. I told him that's what he needs to do b/c this isn't going to work. To quit talking about it and do it. We need him there fulltime. He said he "thinks" on the weekends I asked him if he needed more time away to "think" b/c him disappearing on the weekends is not working. And that things cannot continue like this. My feelings......

It's getting old.

My boss told me this story of a girl she knows.....she is currently going through a divorce. When asked why, she said b/c her husband threw a chicken at her. Apparently he told her he wanted chicken for dinner. So she thawed it out and was preparing it when he comes in and say, "Why are you making that...I want this." she told him that's what he said he wanted and that she already started preparing it. He picked it up and threw it at her. She said she put up with the drinking, put up with the drugs, put up with him not coming home....but the chicken is the straw that broke the camel's back.

I guess we all get our "chickens" when its our time. Maybe I should take up cooking????
Old 06-19-2006, 08:55 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
How Important Is It?

Originally Posted by JessicaNAJ
My boss told me this story of a girl she knows.....she is currently going through a divorce. When asked why, she said b/c her husband threw a chicken at her. Apparently he told her he wanted chicken for dinner. So she thawed it out and was preparing it when he comes in and say, "Why are you making that...I want this." she told him that's what he said he wanted and that she already started preparing it. He picked it up and threw it at her. She said she put up with the drinking, put up with the drugs, put up with him not coming home....but the chicken is the straw that broke the camel's back.

I guess we all get our "chickens" when its our time. Maybe I should take up cooking????
great story, Jessica! Don't be "chicken"...keep doing what you know is best for you, OK?

Old 06-20-2006, 08:15 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((Jess))) Sorry about your frustration but in spite of it all, you sound good.

About the call from G's boss......you "let go and let God"...perfect!!That step of faith was excellent IMHO.

Thanks for this story about the chicken. I had forgotten about the "what's for dinner" junk before AH moved out. That got old. I finally made what I knew the kids and I would like or suggest we go out/order out because even if he was even there for dinner....it was always "crap he wasn't going to eat"...haha. A few times I said, sorry....."his is what we have. If you can't find something in the refrigerator, I guess you know where Wendy's is." It happened very,very often until I just tuned it out. Thanks for reminding me.
Old 06-20-2006, 08:36 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
One brief hour...

Good job on not covering up for him Jess!!! Yes, everybody has their own "chickens" to deal with. Yours will come in due time. My mother's friend told her that she knew it was time for a divorce when she could no longer wash her and husband's underwear together in the same load. She said the very thought of their undergarments intermingling in the washing machine repulsed her! I find that hysterical to this day! LOL.
Old 06-20-2006, 10:52 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Searching and tripping

Okay Jess, now admit it. Didn't you feel empowered when you gave his boss that message? An awesome feeling, isn't it. Doing the little things lead into the bigger stuff and it all gets better.

Good goin' girl.
Old 06-20-2006, 12:32 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Good work, Jess.

Hope things get a little better on the weekend stuff. One day at a time.

I love the chicken story.
Old 06-20-2006, 01:38 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by gelfling
Didn't you feel empowered when you gave his boss that message?
Actually....that was just a reflex. I had to call my mom after the fact to make sure I did the right thing. But I then convinced myself that it's his problem....not mine and his boss deserved to know where his truck was and that G was not here.
Old 06-20-2006, 02:16 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Actually....that was just a reflex.
Pushed the wrong button!

Anyway, great reflexes, Jessica. It happens :-)